Coinstar Promotion - $50 in iTunes gift cards for $40 in coin

Mezmaron

Sep 22, 2010
I just started CRHing and I've been lurking for a few weeks and haven't seen this posted yet. This month Coinstar has a promotion where they will send you a $10 iTunes gift card when you use their "Free Coin Counting" to get at least $40 on a iTunes gift certificate.

Basically, you get a $50 in iTunes gift cards for $40 in coins, (no additional fees). One per household, and good through end of month. Most Coinstar machines offer iTunes gift cards at this point. Not great for large amounts of coins, but I started CRHing with nickle rolls, and they all went into my local Coinstar for this.

See below:
http://www.coinstar.com/us/html/itunes

I've had no luck so far with nickles and dimes, so I just started on halves. Through $140 searched in halves (from a few different banks), I have found two 40%s. Both were in the same roll. I've ordered $100 more from that same bank, so hopefully they will have the same luck. When I ordered them today the bank clerk was a little put out - I wonder if there are more people are asking for halves with the price of silver going up.... She said they would be ready for pickup on Monday (5 days!).

Thanks!

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
she may have been put off because they come in boxes of $500 and some banks have to order in $1000 increments, so she'll just have them sitting in their vault. Make sure you don't take them back to the same bank... and don't tell them about silver, just that you are filling a coin album/making a collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread