roll raiding 4-28

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Went to a small town down the road and hit the four banks there. One a Washington Mutual didn't deal with money( their vaults are locked and everything comes out of machines. One had nothing. One had four rolls-- all bicentenials. The fourth had 350.00. Two were uncirculated 1988d from a machine roll. All the others came from the same person. He had marked the rolls either bicentenial (10 rolls) or Kennedy( the rest). I spot checked the bi's and yes thats what they were. I went through the Kennedys hopeing that they might have missed something. I had gone through about 20 of the rolls when lo and behold, the next roll had 8 40% coins, all right next to each other. Two rolls later I found a roll that had 2 40% coins and what might be a 1990 missing FG. That coin is in very bad shape and some of the tail and claw have been worn away so it could just be a damaged coin. It just goes to show you that even when you think you're getting skunked because you've found the dreges of another roll raider, something just might pop up and supprise you.
Phil

Upvote 0
OP
OP
goldinmypan

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
The two rolls that I found that were uncirculated 1988d's I had to open to see just what I had and I put them back in the same roll but now they were no longer unopened but still uncirculated. Is there any value to these coins or should I just dump them with the rest of my discards?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread