Results From First Boxes

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After waiting nearly two weeks I got my first two boxes of halves. At first it didn't look good, but end result was (21) 40%, (6) 90% (including 2 Bens, my firsts), and (4) Proofs. I thought that was pretty good considering many folks here seem to have been getting a lot of skunk boxes lately. Was hoping for a Walker, but maybe that will come next week (got four boxes coming next week). Most of the clads were 1996P's, is that pretty common? Still trying to figure out resizing of pictures, so please bear with me on that.

Attachments

• DSCN1362.JPG
    DSCN1362.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCN1364.JPG
    DSCN1364.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
1996-P's are not common where I am. It all depends on where you are in the country. I get a ton of 2000-D & 2001-D's. I'm guessing you're on the east coast? Good finds better than mine. :icon_thumleft:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1996 halves are very common here in Arkansas. I see more '96 than any other year by far.

Thats a WELL above average score for 2 boxes. Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
coincrawlin

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments.

SFBay...yes, I am on the east coast.

Forgot to mention that last week my wife asked a teller for any halves she might have. Teller said she had several rolls, but they did not contain any silver, and asked my wife if she still wanted them. Of course she took them, and we ended up finding a '64 and several 40%ers. I was sure the teller had cherry picked them, but just goes to show you never know what you might get.

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Nice score coincrawlin! those are indeed some fine boxes, did one box produce more then the other? also as far as the pics go the size seems fine, maybe could use some better focus, does your camera have a macro setting? usually has a flower for the symbol, other then that maybe try the magnifying glass trick for better clarity, HH!

OP
OP
coincrawlin

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tattooguy67...didn't really keep track, but one box produced the majority, although both Bens came out of the other box. Thanks for the tip on the macro setting, just tried it out and pics come out much better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread