Lunchtime Success!!!

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Fellow CRHs,

On my one hour lunch break today I had to drive about 15 miles into the city to deposit some money in my mom's bank account. She is moving to Florida and needed some extra cash until she gets down there and starts her new job. Since I was already going by a few banks I figured I would make it a mini road trip of sorts.

T-60 minutes...let's go!

Bank #1: A few weeks back a head teller at a small branch in a bad part of town told me to call her once a week to check and see if they had any halves so I called her on the way and she told me she had two rolls. I stopped there first and got the rolls and buttered her up really good -- I think she likes me! :) Anyways, I asked if she would take down my name and number and call me if she ever gets any in any halves - she seemed really happy to do it. The rolls were skunks but this is my second branch where the head teller took down my name and number and promised to call me if they get in any halves or big dollars! :icon_thumleft:

T-35 minutes left...keep going!

Bank #2: I then stopped at my mom's bank and while making the deposit I ask the teller if they have any half dollars, the head teller checks with all of the other tellers and tells me no. She had a very bubbly personality and liked talking so she then proceeds to tell me (without any prompting) every once in a while some guy drops off a whole bunch of rolls (a few hundred dollars worth) and that the guy says they are his "poker winnings." :icon_scratch: Interesting line...looks like that branch is someone's dump bank. :tongue3: I probably won't stop there too often to look for halves, but I may make it one of my dump banks too!

T-25 minutes...I want silverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Bank #3: Stopped at another branch, they had $10.50 in loose halves - all clad! :P

T-20 minutes...running out of time!!! :help: Where is all the silver???

Bank #4: $7.50 in loose halves :icon_thumright: As she dumped them onto the counter and counted them two by two I could see the silver passing from the uncounted pile into the counted pile -- the teller didn't even give the lighter colored halves a second glance! ;D 1 90%er and 4 40%ers!!! :hello2:

She asked if I like halves and I said "YES" and I asked if she would take down my name and number and call me when they get in any halves or big dollars - she seemed happy to do it too! That makes three local banks that will call me when they get in any halves or big dollars - let's hope these two new connections pay off like my first one! Here is a sweet little pic of my sweet little score (need a better camera though)! Lunchtime success with no time to spare -- I was ten minutes from work and got back just in the nick of time! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer

Attachments

• lunchtime_silver.jpg
    lunchtime_silver.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is all good amigo ! Nice to have a little help on the inside - Many are doing entire boxes to
get what you just scored ! Argentium.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Great "lunch time story". Hope you enjoyed your SILVER sandwich!
Congrats on the good finds
rileyboy

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Argentium said:
That is all good amigo ! Nice to have a little help on the inside - Many are doing three boxes to
get what you just scored ! Argentium.

Gave your post the Philly adjustment, hope you don't mind. :-\

Nice lunchtime score, I usually just ask for something I know they'll have like a box of dimes or nickels.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions