7 Days of Silver

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Folks,

Here is a quick overview of my last weeks finds (I had a really good week):

Sunday: Went to a flea market and found: 6 walkers, 6 bens and 1 barber half to fill my sets all for $8 each. I also found an 1873 Italian 5 Lire, 1874 Swiss Shooting Taler and 1898 British Indian Crown all for $2.50 each in VF - XF condition. They are are silver (sterling) and valued at $50 - $150 each. I scored big on these finds!!! :icon_sunny:

Monday: Ebay order of (20) 40% Kennedy halves delivered - purchased for 20 cents under melt each.

Tuesday: Found (1) 90% and (4) 40% at a local bank (Lunchtime Success post). :laughing7:

Wednesday: Box #1 produced (1) dirty, nasty and marked 90% Kennedy (someone's trash is now my treasure).

Thursday: Box #2 produced (11) 40%ers
Box #3 produced zilch!

Friday: Found (1) 90% and (4) 40% at a local bank in 6 customer rolls. :laughing7:
Box #4 produced (1) 1951 Ben, (2) 90% Kennedys and [8] 40%ers.
Box #5 produced nada!
Box #6 produced nothing!
Box #7 produced more of nothing!

Saturday: While on the way to a friend's moving away party about an hour from my house I stopped a three banks. The first bank had one skunky roll and most of the coins were either green or black (not the good tarnished black either). The second bank was closed :-\ on Saturdays and the third bank was just about to close (I went in at 12:57pm). The teller had 6 dollars in loose halves which produced (1) 1966 40% and she also asked me if I wanted any $2 dollar bills. I said yes and she gave me 4 of them - they are the only ones I own and they are pretty cool - I think I will start asking banks for them and silver certificates as well.

All in all, I acquired silver 7 straight days last week, which is what I like to do -- keep adding them to the stack and putting them in the safe! :hello2:

Minus my purchases, this week of CRH yielded:

(1) 1951 Ben
(5) 1964 Kennedys
(28) 40%ers
(4) $2 bills

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had lots of 7 day streaks, unfortunately they were 7 day streaks of clad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread