Banks

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anybody had any experience with B of A? I use Wachovia and have had only 1 good box out of 12 so far. I stopped into B of A and asked for halves, the lady behind the counter said that they would order them for me if I wanted but they came
in boxes of $500.00 ::) I told her I would be back on Monday to place an order for a box.

What have your experiences been with B of A? I do dump @ a B of A branch about 7 miles away and those coins are shipped
to Fort Myers which is about 50 miles further south.

What do y'all think?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I did some investigation into which B of A banks send their coins where. I don't want to be dumping at one and get my dumps back when I purchase from another. I am kinda in between, Zones if you may, and have found out that B Of A has a
coin vault in Fort Myers that services my area. If I drive 15 miles North of where I live, there is a B of A that offers the same
service of dumping as the one where I live by. They send their coins to their coin vault in Tampa, which is about 120 miles
from where I live. I believe buying boxes from B Of A and Wachovia and dumping @ B of A there would guarantee that I wouldn't be sorting my own dumps.

Good Idea or not, I really want to bump my searching up to $1000.00 a week and so far B of A has been spot on the money
with my last two dumps.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
FreedomUIC said:
Ok, I did some investigation into which B of A banks send their coins where. I don't want to be dumping at one and get my dumps back when I purchase from another. I am kinda in between, Zones if you may, and have found out that B Of A has a
coin vault in Fort Myers that services my area. If I drive 15 miles North of where I live, there is a B of A that offers the same
service of dumping as the one where I live by. They send their coins to their coin vault in Tampa, which is about 120 miles
from where I live. I believe buying boxes from B Of A and Wachovia and dumping @ B of A there would guarantee that I wouldn't be sorting my own dumps.

Good Idea or not, I really want to bump my searching up to $1000.00 a week and so far B of A has been spot on the money
with my last two dumps.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

I've tried explaining to others here both publicly and via PM that this is the best course of action. I don't post my finds, but I pull silver consistently since I've been doing this very practice since last year. I don't get dream boxes, but I easily pull $60-$80 face in silver per week. I don't bother to dump as often as it gets tedius, but once a month I dump 30k on another district. I don't get put on any list either as I swap the coin for cash. I make my dump rounds amongst 8 branches so that one isn't overwhelmed with the volume. Go for it.

jethro1469

Mar 18, 2009
East Coast
My half boxes come from BOA. Like everywhere else they are from absolute skunks to great finds. I've gotten both Loomis and Brinks from the same branch. Sometimes there are tons of marked halves which I assume are dumps from other searchers. Other times there are almost none. Over all I think it all ends up being the luck of the draw. The more you look at, the more chance you have of finding treasure.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
BofA is excellent for dumping but I do get pennies & dimes from them

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
SFBayArea said:

I never dealt with BofA. How do they except, loose or wrapped??? Some around here want it wrapped. I prefer those that have GOOD coin machines.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Hi Ho Silver! said:
SFBayArea said:

I never dealt with BofA. How do they except, loose or wrapped??? Some around here want it wrapped. I prefer those that have GOOD coin machines.

BofA requires coin to be rolled. If you have less than a roll, they will accept them loose. i.e. Dollar rolls are $25; If you have $10, they will accept them loose. If you do a lot of volume, you can make arrangements to drop off/deposit the coin in a bag. Your account will be credited in a few days. Such privileges are rare.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
SFBayArea said:

BofA requires coin to be rolled. If you have less than a roll, they will accept them loose. i.e. Dollar rolls are $25; If you have $10, they will accept them loose. If you do a lot of volume, you can make arrangements to drop off/deposit the coin in a bag. Your account will be credited in a few days. Such privileges are rare.

That is exactly what they do here. When I told her roughly 500 to 1000 a week, she said no more than $500.00 per bag so they can
lift them and it was absolutely no issue at all to do it this way. They have been doing this for over 5 years and it is much much easier
on them. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread