Banks
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Banks

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    Charter Member
    us
    Mr. FreedomUIC to you!

    Jan 2010
    NUNYA
    1,963
    437 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Banks

    Has anybody had any experience with B of A? I use Wachovia and have had only 1 good box out of 12 so far. I stopped into B of A and asked for halves, the lady behind the counter said that they would order them for me if I wanted but they came
    in boxes of $500.00 I told her I would be back on Monday to place an order for a box.

    What have your experiences been with B of A? I do dump @ a B of A branch about 7 miles away and those coins are shipped
    to Fort Myers which is about 50 miles further south.

    What do y'all think?
    [R.I.P. Rich Hartford - Champion CRH of All Time]

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    Mr. FreedomUIC to you!

    Jan 2010
    NUNYA
    1,963
    437 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Banks

    Ok, I did some investigation into which B of A banks send their coins where. I don't want to be dumping at one and get my dumps back when I purchase from another. I am kinda in between, Zones if you may, and have found out that B Of A has a
    coin vault in Fort Myers that services my area. If I drive 15 miles North of where I live, there is a B of A that offers the same
    service of dumping as the one where I live by. They send their coins to their coin vault in Tampa, which is about 120 miles
    from where I live. I believe buying boxes from B Of A and Wachovia and dumping @ B of A there would guarantee that I wouldn't be sorting my own dumps.

    Good Idea or not, I really want to bump my searching up to $1000.00 a week and so far B of A has been spot on the money
    with my last two dumps.

    Any input is greatly appreciated.
    [R.I.P. Rich Hartford - Champion CRH of All Time]

  3. #3
    us
    Nov 2009
    California
    114

    Re: Banks

    I use BoA to dump the rolls of dimes I get from WF.

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    4,258
    1874 times

    Re: Banks

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomUIC
    Ok, I did some investigation into which B of A banks send their coins where. I don't want to be dumping at one and get my dumps back when I purchase from another. I am kinda in between, Zones if you may, and have found out that B Of A has a
    coin vault in Fort Myers that services my area. If I drive 15 miles North of where I live, there is a B of A that offers the same
    service of dumping as the one where I live by. They send their coins to their coin vault in Tampa, which is about 120 miles
    from where I live. I believe buying boxes from B Of A and Wachovia and dumping @ B of A there would guarantee that I wouldn't be sorting my own dumps.

    Good Idea or not, I really want to bump my searching up to $1000.00 a week and so far B of A has been spot on the money
    with my last two dumps.

    Any input is greatly appreciated.
    I've tried explaining to others here both publicly and via PM that this is the best course of action. I don't post my finds, but I pull silver consistently since I've been doing this very practice since last year. I don't get dream boxes, but I easily pull $60-$80 face in silver per week. I don't bother to dump as often as it gets tedius, but once a month I dump 30k on another district. I don't get put on any list either as I swap the coin for cash. I make my dump rounds amongst 8 branches so that one isn't overwhelmed with the volume. Go for it.

  5. #5
    us
    Mar 2009
    East Coast
    171
    48 times

    Re: Banks

    My half boxes come from BOA. Like everywhere else they are from absolute skunks to great finds. I've gotten both Loomis and Brinks from the same branch. Sometimes there are tons of marked halves which I assume are dumps from other searchers. Other times there are almost none. Over all I think it all ends up being the luck of the draw. The more you look at, the more chance you have of finding treasure.

  6. #6
    us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT
    2,256
    31 times

    Re: Banks

    BofA is excellent for dumping but I do get pennies & dimes from them

  7. #7
    um
    Jan 2010
    Fisher F2
    907
    2 times

    Re: Banks

    Quote Originally Posted by SFBayArea
    BofA is excellent for dumping but I do get pennies & dimes from them
    I never dealt with BofA. How do they except, loose or wrapped Some around here want it wrapped. I prefer those that have GOOD coin machines.

  8. #8
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    4,258
    1874 times

    Re: Banks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi Ho Silver!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFBayArea
    BofA is excellent for dumping but I do get pennies & dimes from them
    I never dealt with BofA. How do they except, loose or wrapped Some around here want it wrapped. I prefer those that have GOOD coin machines.
    BofA requires coin to be rolled. If you have less than a roll, they will accept them loose. i.e. Dollar rolls are $25; If you have $10, they will accept them loose. If you do a lot of volume, you can make arrangements to drop off/deposit the coin in a bag. Your account will be credited in a few days. Such privileges are rare.

  9. #9
    Charter Member
    us
    Mr. FreedomUIC to you!

    Jan 2010
    NUNYA
    1,963
    437 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Banks

    Quote Originally Posted by Diver_Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi Ho Silver!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFBayArea
    BofA is excellent for dumping but I do get pennies & dimes from them
    I never dealt with BofA. How do they except, loose or wrapped Some around here want it wrapped. I prefer those that have GOOD coin machines.
    BofA requires coin to be rolled. If you have less than a roll, they will accept them loose. i.e. Dollar rolls are $25; If you have $10, they will accept them loose. If you do a lot of volume, you can make arrangements to drop off/deposit the coin in a bag. Your account will be credited in a few days. Such privileges are rare.
    That is exactly what they do here. When I told her roughly 500 to 1000 a week, she said no more than $500.00 per bag so they can
    lift them and it was absolutely no issue at all to do it this way. They have been doing this for over 5 years and it is much much easier
    on them.
    [R.I.P. Rich Hartford - Champion CRH of All Time]

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0