High speed hunting?

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Last week I had a couple boxes that were quite skunky....you know the kind - you open it and it just reeks of skunk. I decided I would see how fast I could go through it.

Anyone here ever speed search?

My record for that box was five minutes, next box up was the same - five minutes. Only got one lone 40% that revealed itself by the silver tone it made when I dumped it in my hand.

Maine_Jim

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
maine_Jim said:
Last week I had a couple boxes that were quite skunky....you know the kind - you open it and it just reeks of skunk. I decided I would see how fast I could go through it.

Anyone here ever speed search?

My record for that box was five minutes, next box up was the same - five minutes. Only got one lone 40% that revealed itself by the silver tone it made when I dumped it in my hand.

Maine_Jim

:laughing9: I'll be getting those skunky type boxes tomorrow.If I go carefully I never take more than 15 minutes to search a box of halves. My best time was 8 minutes.
HH
Rich

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do it with bags that I know are other searchers. Just pour them from one bag to another and if theres silver you can hear it. Takes about 2-3 minutes. A box of rolls in 5 minutes is pretty damn amazing.

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Easiest way to get the coins out of the rolls is just to douse the box in gas and light 'er up.

I haven't actually done this yet, but I'd imagine that if I drank and roll-searched, I probably would.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ltrain said:
Easiest way to get the coins out of the rolls is just to douse the box in gas and light 'er up.

I haven't actually done this yet, but I'd imagine that if I drank and roll-searched, I probably would.

LOL!! Now we know the culprit. I was wondering why so many people here find burnt halves.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
One tip is to open the rolls by slamming them onto a solid stationary pipe. Do it with the seal facing the pipe and they open like an egg. Once in a while if you are too hard they explode everywhere but usually they fall into your hand and you can hear any silver as it falls. This works good for a box full of skunk rolls.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread