April half search results

bill dilly

Feb 7, 2006
My half dollar finds have really slowed down. I searched about $1,200 in halves in April. Didn't have much luck until the last few days. Early in the month I really didn't find anything much except clad halves. This week things picked up. I spent $300 and found the following.

12 40% Kennedys
4 90% Kennedys
and a first for me......2 Walking libertys! A 1936 and a 1942. I was in the bank and one of the tellers asked me if I collected halves. I told her that I search thru the rolls for silver and then put them away for my grandkids. She then volunteered that she had some silver halves that she had put back for another customer. I asked to see them and she showed me four Walkers! I asked her if she would sell me half of them and she agreed. The she asked if I collected anything else and I told her any denomination of silver and unusual bills. She showed me a stack of old $2 bills ($240 worth). The bills were from 1963 to 1976 with the '76's being in sequence. I bought the bills also. She told me to check in every couple of weeks because "they get this stuff alot". The $2 bills are really nice to see...I know that they aren't silver...but, still nice.

good luck searching to all

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a great connection Bill! Find out when her birthday is and bring her something nice. And nice going on the silver and Walkers!

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
bill dilly said:
My half dollar finds have really slowed down. I searched about $1,200 in halves in April. Didn't have much luck until the last few days. Early in the month I really didn't find anything much except clad halves. This week things picked up. I spent $300 and found the following.

12 40% Kennedys
4 90% Kennedys
and a first for me......2 Walking libertys! A 1936 and a 1942. I was in the bank and one of the tellers asked me if I collected halves. I told her that I search thru the rolls for silver and then put them away for my grandkids. She then volunteered that she had some silver halves that she had put back for another customer. I asked to see them and she showed me four Walkers! I asked her if she would sell me half of them and she agreed. The she asked if I collected anything else and I told her any denomination of silver and unusual bills. She showed me a stack of old $2 bills ($240 worth). The bills were from 1963 to 1976 with the '76's being in sequence. I bought the bills also. She told me to check in every couple of weeks because "they get this stuff alot". The $2 bills are really nice to see...I know that they aren't silver...but, still nice.

good luck searching to all
and just where was this bank at :) great going I got one bank here andtellers clean sweep the silver for themselves :( so I dump all my searched coins there now, I opened a savings account just for that :)
BR Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread