On Cloud 10...updated

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Fellow CRHs,

I've read how a few of you on here routinely search dimes and on Friday decided to give it a try. I went into a grocery store and asked for halves at the Customer Service counter, when the girl said they had none I asked for two rolls of dimes. One customer roll was a skunk but the machine roll gave up a 1963 rosie - my first silver dime in the wild!!! I didn't ask for any more dime rolls because I didn't think I would get that lucky again!!! :laughing7:

Well, I got the itch to get some more dime rolls today after work and boy am I glad I did! I went into one of my banks that I do not order any coins from or dump at and asked for 7 rolls of dimes (all the cash I had on me at the time). One of the rolls had an open end and the dime peeking out looked white so as expected I got a little excited. Went out to the car and opened up that roll to reveal (drum roll please) it was solid white!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I am on "Cloud 10" right about now. :laughing7: Got some more cash out and bought the rest of the teller's 11 rolls - all skunks but a few Canadian dimes and a Caribbean nickel got my blood pumping a bit. My question is: should I go back to the branch and buy more dime rolls and see if any more of these "glory rolls" turn up or is this like a once in a lifetime occurrence?

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Attachments

• CIMG0052.JPG
    CIMG0052.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 585
Upvote 0
OP
OP
$ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: On Cloud 10...with updates

Hi All,

Well, I took all of your sage advice and went back into the branch where I found the dream roll of rosies yesterday. The head teller was really sweet and said I could buy customer wrapped rolls off of her anytime and also let me know that she gets a ton of them in on Mondays. At any rate, she couldn't let me buy all of her dime and quarter rolls but she did let me buy $300 worth of dimes and $300 worth of quarters. After tearing through all of these rolls I found... (drum roll please) 1 - 1967 80% silver Canadian dime!!! That was a big let down after yesterday's big find but it was still better than nothing. Not sure if there are more silver dime rolls in the vault but I seriously doubt it. I think it was just a super lucky score...any ideas on how that dream silver dime roll ended up in the bank? Best story/theory wins the silver Canadian dime!!! LOL :laughing7:

After that I went on a dime searching binge for a few hours and must have went through $1000 worth of dimes to find 4 silver rosies!!! Additionally, my wife had to drive a few hours to meet her graduate school advisor today and I gave her some cash to hunt for halves for me before her appointment. She found 14 customer rolls that were all clad but she also found me about $25 in loose halves to produce 1 - 40%er! She was super psyched to find silver for me and I must admit it was great to get another silver half as well because I have not found one in the wild in about 2 weeks! :icon_thumleft:

Today's finds:
1 - 1967 80% silver Canadian dime
4 - silver rosies
1 - 40%er
1 - beautiful gold plated bicentennial half
10 - Ikes

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Attachments

• CIMG0058.JPG
    CIMG0058.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 228

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Re: On Cloud 10...

Congrats on your dream roll. Dimes are really paying out lately, I found a few good boxes last weekend and went around to all the branches and begged and pleaded all the boxes they would spare for ME. Got my best box ever out of the 10, it had 16 Roos and 16 Mercs- total take from the 10 boxes was 22 Mercs and 25 Roos. HH Mark

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Re: On Cloud 10...

I'm having my favorite dime supply bank hook me up with 10 boxes next week. Hoping to get a decent amount of silver...

By the way, if you guys are having trouble getting banks to give you change, just tell them you need it for business purposes, and that you'll put in a good word to your boss about how they took care of you. Just don't use it more than once every 3-4 months.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread