OP
OP
$ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - it doesn't look painted although it may be zinc-plated. I read a forum online that says it may not have received it's final copper plating so it could be an error. I have no idea how pennies are made and was hoping it might be worth more than what I paid for it because it did cost me ten cents. :tongue3:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

OP
OP
$ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OmegaMan said:
Cool find :thumbsup:

Is it the size of a dime or a penny?

Greetings OmegaMan,

It is a penny that is silver, it could be zinc-plated but I am not sure. I was hoping it was super-rare and I could make some big bucks off of it!!! Wish I could take a better picture but I don't know how to work this camera! ???

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
$ilver$urfer
If it's to shiny it's been dipped, polished and had the copper taken off. If it has the cartwheel affect it's a defect, made without copper. It looks kinda like it's been polished. I have sold some of these on eBay and made a good profit.
Good luck.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$ilver$urfer said:
Wish I could take a better picture but I don't know how to work this camera! ???

Use the "macro" setting for taking pictures of close-up objects. There is usually a setting/button that has a picture of a flower on it. That is the one you want.

The penny looks plated to me. Perhaps someone was testing out one of those silvering kits that you just wipe on. Or perhaps it is tin plating that people use on copper printed circuit boards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread