Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Re: This Week's Agcumulation...

Amazing what a roll of silver roosies will do for ya. :p Great finds.

OP
OP
$ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ltrain said:
Amazing what a roll of silver roosies will do for ya. :p Great finds.

Yeah, that solid roll really did boost my stats, but I did find 8 others in customer and machine rolls too so I agree with you that dime hunting seems to be where it is at!!! Dimes are lighter and easier to dump than halves and they are readily available!!! ;D Rarely do banks have any halves when I ask for them and finding silver is a crapshoot and getting harder to find by the day! Next time I do a road trip I will ask just for dimes! J/K :laughing7:

Do you find better luck in customer rolls or machine rolls? Wondering if you think it would be better to get all of my dimes from Brinks or just search through as many customer rolls as possible? Better yet, probably both, huh?

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How to prenounce "Agcumulation"?

My new word: Agumulation(copy right :laughing7:)= Ag+cumulation

OP
OP
$ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yinzi50 said:
How to prenounce "Agcumulation"?

My new word: Agumulation(copy right :laughing7:)= Ag+cumulation

LOL - it is pronounced just like it reads, but I like my word better!!! However, I think both terms get the meaning across: [Silver accumulation]! :tongue3: Now let's both start agcumulating some more!!! :laughing7:

HH,

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010

My luck goes as follows, from worst to best;

Customer-wrapped (Your find was AMAZING and a complete fluke)
Machine wrapped
Bags from coin dump machines

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

$ilver$urfer said:
Hello Fellow CRHs,

Thought I would post my total "agcumulation" (copyright :laughing7:) this week for you. I had a really good week...opened up 7 boxes, 5 of which were skunks, but the other two were very good!

58 - roosies
20 - 40%s
2 - '64s
1 - 80% silver Canadian dime

Thanks for reading and HH! :hello2:

Good job at the silver mine :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I haven't done as much dime searching this year as last year but here is my take on bags,boxes,and handrolls.
In my experience bags always produce,but not in great amounts. I've never skunked on a bag,but I did get one with a single keeper.
If you live within 300 miles of the Canadian border expect to get too many Canadian dimes from boxes. Skunk boxes are common but probably not as bad as halves. Boxes seem to produce the oldest coins.
Handrolls is the only way to get a near solid or solid roll.Very rare though. In fact much harder to get than a dream box of halves. It's pretty hard to skunk out with handrolls,you will always find something. On the downside most hand rolls are short,and on top of it will have foreign coins.So you are paying current prices for the keepers.
If it were not for the fact that searching dimes is fun,one is probably better off buying them from a coin dealer in my opinion.
HH
Rich

OP
OP
$ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rich Hartford said:
$ilver$urfer said:
Hello Fellow CRHs,

Thought I would post my total "agcumulation" (copyright :laughing7:) this week for you. I had a really good week...opened up 7 boxes, 5 of which were skunks, but the other two were very good!

58 - roosies
20 - 40%s
2 - '64s
1 - 80% silver Canadian dime

Thanks for reading and HH! :hello2:

Good job at the silver mine :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I haven't done as much dime searching this year as last year but here is my take on bags,boxes,and handrolls.
In my experience bags always produce,but not in great amounts. I've never skunked on a bag,but I did get one with a single keeper.
If you live within 300 miles of the Canadian border expect to get too many Canadian dimes from boxes. Skunk boxes are common but probably not as bad as halves. Boxes seem to produce the oldest coins.
Handrolls is the only way to get a near solid or solid roll.Very rare though. In fact much harder to get than a dream box of halves. It's pretty hard to skunk out with handrolls,you will always find something. On the downside most hand rolls are short,and on top of it will have foreign coins.So you are paying current prices for the keepers.
If it were not for the fact that searching dimes is fun,one is probably better off buying them from a coin dealer in my opinion.
HH
Rich

Thanks for your feedback Rich, I really appreciate it! I do get a ton of Canadian dimes up here, averaging almost 1 per roll although that makes sense as I am within an hour of Canada. I thought a dream box of halves would be much harder to get than a solid roll of dimes so I guess it was a pretty amazing score I had. :D With all the half hunting I have done in the past 4 months you would think I might find a solid roll of halves first or a dream box, not a solid roll of dimes. Besides that dream dime roll I have found 10 other silver dimes and they have been evenly split between customer rolls and machine rolls (5 and 5). I start getting a Brinks box of dimes this week and will slowly up my boxes through the fall-winter - I really hope I can get some good averages up here!!! :hello2:

HH,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread