Nice $20 roll of Halves (with pictures now)

Rakattack

Feb 9, 2010
SJ, CA
Went to Citibank yesterday (tiny branch) and my favorite teller there called me over. He pulled out a roll of halves ($20) and opened it. Out spilled silver after silver. Another teller at the branch that sucks silver up walked over and started asking pesky questions like "are you sure they're real" and whatnot ::). He responded, "yes, they're real, I bit them to make sure". That really shut her up. Anyway, I ended up with

22 40%
16 90%

1971D
Bicentennial (I know these aren't worth anything, but they were the other 2 coins in the roll)

I rarely find halves in my area so this is really a nice surprise. Usually the other 2 or 3 big dogs in halves get all the silver. I just lay low and dawdle in dimes :laughing7:

hth1lu.jpg

2mwfpqx.jpg

24bneo5.jpg

Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Nice $20 roll of Halves

I would love to see pics. Keeps motivation high. Good for you--great teller!

Congrats!

apush :read2:

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010

Congrats! That is an awesome score. Would love pics. I don't know what it is about the big $20 rolls. I almost always score silver when I'm lucky enough to find some of them.

Great haul! :icon_thumright:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Cool find and great teller! Funny, I just bought my teller a new bike, took her out to dinner several times in the last couple months, paid off a few of her bills too, but she's been kind of tight on the silver lately.....LOL ffd

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You just climbed Ag Mountain!!! Nice score!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score Rakattack, glad you hit and love those silver pics :thumbsup:
HH...Miner

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Great score and great pics! :icon_thumright: I finally got my first ever $20 roll this week, but sadly it was all clad.

Congrats and HH!

OP
OP
R

Rakattack

Feb 9, 2010
SJ, CA
Ltrain said:
You don't wanna know what I'd do for a score like that.
Ltrain, You got 31 silver dimes in one week plus some halves and a couple quarters. That's pretty godly :notworthy:

This is the most silver I've handled in halves my entire CRHing career.

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Rakattack said:
Ltrain said:
Ltrain, You got 31 silver dimes in one week plus some halves and a couple quarters. That's pretty godly :notworthy:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

I'd trade my luck with dimes for some luck with halves any day... A lot more silver to be found and a lot more money to be made in halves. Still a good week for me... but that is just an amazing roll right there.

OP
OP
R

Rakattack

Feb 9, 2010
SJ, CA
Ltrain said:
Rakattack said:
Ltrain said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

I'd trade my luck with dimes for some luck with halves any day... A lot more silver to be found and a lot more money to be made in halves. Still a good week for me... but that is just an amazing roll right there.

Same here mate, I usually stick with dimes too. Your dime averages are WAY higher than mine :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread