Halves, dimes and pennies with hits in all three :)

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I forgot to call in to the bank on monday to have a few more boxes of halves ordered. I made it til today and just had to search through some coins. Hit the bank and they only had $76 in halves, so I also grabbed $45 in dimes and a sealed box of $25 in pennies. Here are the results.

$76 in halves searched
1- 1966 40% half found

$45 in dimes searched
1- 1950 silver dime

$25 in pennies searched
2-canadian pennies
15- wheaties
1942 D
1948 D
1949 D
1950 D
1953 S
1954 D
1956 D (2)
1957 D (3)

And Im almost positive that I have a 1970 S small date that I dropped into the box of already searched coins. I have probably $200 of pennies in there. I searched through a few handfuls on top looking for it but no luck. It was definitly a 1970 S and the numbers looked even, thats when it dropped. Youd think it would have been easy to pick out but its not. At least I still HAVE it in there somewhere and will have to search that box soon to find out if it actually is a small date variety. That would sure make my week :)

I also pulled the error dates from the pennies but have not checked them yet. Im happy to get 15 wheaties since the last time I searched a bunch of pennies I got skunked. Thanks for looking.

P.S. My dad got interested when I told him about roll hunting and finding silver so he ordered a box of half dollars and got them in today. He called and said he found 2-$40%, and a gold plated half. He also said it took him three hours to search through them because his eyes are bad and his back and fingers hurt. But, I could tell that he was already hooked ;)

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the urge gets to be just too much...

WTG on all the goodies! Looks like you've got the makings of a competiton with your Dad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread