Latest Incident

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Being that i do mostly bank runs i occasionally have incidents . the latest was when i was asking at a BoA why the bank in question had no halves. The last 100 or so times i have asked this at any bank there were no problems.
Banks usually have no halves for 1 or 2 of 3 reasons

1. they never get them
2. someone else picks them up
3. they sent them back

Well when asking why they told me they couldnt give me that information. I found that odd and asked whose policy that is because it sure isnt the corporate policy because all the other branches ive been to never had a problem with me asking. After the managers came out babbling i gave up and said have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
quiksilver said:
Being that i do mostly bank runs i occasionally have incidents . the latest was when i was asking at a BoA why the bank in question had no halves. The last 100 or so times i have asked this at any bank there were no problems.
Banks usually have no halves for 1 or 2 of 3 reasons

1. they never get them
2. someone else picks them up
3. they sent them back

Well when asking why they told me they couldnt give me that information. I found that odd and asked whose policy that is because it sure isnt the corporate policy because all the other branches ive been to never had a problem with me asking. After the managers came out babbling i gave up and said have a nice day.
The bank where my daughter works rarely gets half dollars.In fact this year she only got three rolls of clad.
Last year I got a solid roll of 64's from her.
HH
Rich

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
its called paranoid....i have several banks that will not disclose how many halfs they have. i ask for the halfs and they say "how many do you want?" i ask "how many do you have?" they say "how many do you want?" they don't understand that the only reason i'm askin is to see if i have enough money or if i have to go to the mac machine for more money. they must think i'm gonna rob them or something. sometimes i go in and ask at these banks just for fun. they know me by now and still won't tell me.

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
Simple answer to this one. When they ask me how many I want, I just say, I'll take all you got. Then when they reveal what they got and I don't have enough money, I buy up to what money I have on me and ask them to hold the rest for a few minutures until I can reload. This has worked several times. HH

FL Junkman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread