watch out for the counting machines

jersey junkie

Jan 14, 2006
new jersey
I went to the bank with $2000 or so in halves to use the counting machine. The bag for the halves stops at $100. They then have to change it. I return all my halves to the same bank so they now know me. They pull the machine out from the decorative case and let me fill it the easy way. I noticed that the reject coin slot which is just a piece or PVC pipe pressure fit into a hole on the bottom of the counter. This pipe was pitched the wrong way for the coins to fall out. I then noticed that the pipe was full of other people's rejected coins. I now get to add those to my booty each time I go in.

the filler device is also a great place to find the foriegn coins as they are magnetic. Although I have yet to find a steel penny.

HH

mark

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, pretty interesting. I haven't noticed any coin counting machines in Vegas banks yet. I wonder what the banks do with all the rejected coins.

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Got to keep your eyes open! I just found a silver dime in the CoinStar machine the other day...I feel like a scrounge checking but it's sweet when it pays off! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread