• pesos.jpg
    pesos.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
packerbacker said:
This is a 1976 10 Peso, Mexican coin I found in a box of halves. It's about the size of a half. Anyone know what they are made of?

Got one myself in a box a couple of weeks ago. Definitely not silver.
HH
Rich

festiva_ford

Oct 22, 2010
packerbacker said:
This is a 1976 10 Peso, Mexican coin I found in a box of halves. It's about the size of a half. Anyone know what they are made of?
Coins older than 1992 are no longer circulated in Mexico, so it has some collector value. Definaltely no silver in it. I believe it equals to about a 1$ coin back when it was used.

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll trade you 10 of those coins for one 40%er!!! :tongue3: I found two $2 dollar Canadian coins in a box of halves I opened a few weeks ago and I live close to Canada so those will be spent in the next few months!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
festiva_ford said:
packerbacker said:
Coins older than 1992 are no longer circulated in Mexico, so it has some collector value. Definaltely no silver in it. I believe it equals to about a 1$ coin back when it was used.

So what happens if you have one in Mexico? What did they do with all the old pesos? I remember they redid the exchange rates a while back.. but I always wonder what happens when a country redoes their money and what happens to the old stuff? Did people turn them in back then for new money?

festiva_ford

Oct 22, 2010
SFBayArea said:
festiva_ford said:
packerbacker said:

So what happens if you have one in Mexico? What did they do with all the old pesos? I remember they redid the exchange rates a while back.. but I always wonder what happens when a country redoes their money and what happens to the old stuff? Did people turn them in back then for new money?
They wouldn't accept it. I don't think they are worth anything in mexico unless its an old silver coin. A devaluation happend in 1992. I wasn't even around back them but i'm pretty sure they would be able to turn them in for new one's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread