Jack and Jill (With 1 Sleazy Photograph)

Half-Hound

Jun 22, 2010
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
I know people find weird things in coin rolls, but this piece of cardboard is what I found between worthless clad halves this last weekend. At least she looks better than another 1971D. I think I will keep her.

Half-Hound

Second Story:

Is This 2001D Roosevelt Dime Silver?

I was edge-checking rolls of dimes and saw this one (see photographs below). Of course at first I thought it was silver. But it is a chrome-silver color, not the white-silver color of 90% silver coins. The edge is also completely chrome-silver, with no copper at all showing. But it is a 2001 and so I am confused. I know the Treasury made special 90% silver proof sets, but I suspect those were made in San Francisco. Can anyone offer any information? Thanks in advance to everyone.

Half-Hound

Attachments

• LITE Jack and Jill.jpg
    LITE Jack and Jill.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 299
  • LITE Dime Obverse 2001D Closeup.jpg
    LITE Dime Obverse 2001D Closeup.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 293
  • LITE Dime Reverse 2001D Closeup.jpg
    LITE Dime Reverse 2001D Closeup.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 295
  • LITE Dime Edge 2001D.jpg
    LITE Dime Edge 2001D.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 298
  • LITE Dime Edge 2001D Closeup.jpg
    LITE Dime Edge 2001D Closeup.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 0

festiva_ford

Oct 22, 2010
LOL :laughing9: All i'v found in coin rolls besides coins are dog hairs and eye lashes. As for the dime I suspect someone just painted it with metalic marker to fool people.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Half-Hound said:
I know people find weird things in coin rolls, but this piece of cardboard is what I found between worthless clad halves this last weekend. At least she looks better than another 1971D. I think I will keep her.

Half-Hound

Second Story:

Is This 2001D Roosevelt Dime Silver?

I was edge-checking rolls of dimes and saw this one (see photographs below). Of course at first I thought it was silver. But it is a chrome-silver color, not the white-silver color of 90% silver coins. The edge is also completely chrome-silver, with no copper at all showing. But it is a 2001 and so I am confused. I know the Treasury made special 90% silver proof sets, but I suspect those were made in San Francisco. Can anyone offer any information? Thanks in advance to everyone.

Half-Hound
The dime has been dipped. SOmeone wanted a silver colored dime. Happens often. Not silver. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions