Glorious Silver Find!!!

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Fellow CRHers,

I must have done something really good lately because I have been blessed with a huge week of silver so far!!! Some of you may have read about the [17] 40%ers I scored in two customer rolls yesterday - that put me on cloud 9 but today was an even better day!!! :icon_thumleft:

I had an important decision to make: should I dump at my usual branch during lunch or should I venture to another branch about 20 miles away and hit up a few banks after the dump? I chose option two and it ended up being my most glorious silver find ever!!! :icon_sunny:

When getting my money after dumping my coins I ask the head teller if she has any halves and she says yes there are six rolls in the vault from yesterday, do you want them? Yes, I will take them all, thank you. ;D Another teller mentions that they also have $33 of loose halves do you want those too? Yes, please, and thank you again!!! ;D As the one teller counts out the loose halves I see some white ones in the mix and I am instantly put in a better mood - interesting how a little face value silver can do that to you! :laughing7: The other teller comes out of the vault balancing the six rolls in her one hand and her keys in the other and ends up dropping one of the rolls on the ground and it splashes open. I couldn't see it, but it faintly sounded just the way we silver hunters like it to sound! She picks it up and I think I see a bright white coin but couldn't be sure (wishful thinking I suppose) and she stuffs the remaining few coins into the roll. She comes over with the ratty looking rolls and asks do you collect them or are you looking for silver? I say I collect them and fill my sets they are hard to find thank you so much and she smiles and thanks me profusely because as she said "they always forget to get counted and screw up their drawers/vault!" I hear this from tellers all the time!!! At any rate, I use this as a prefect opportunity to get her to take down my name and phone number and to call me anytime she gets in any more halves and big dollars (this strategy has been paying off for me)!!!

At long last, I go to my car and search through the loose halves and found [4] 40%ers - great start!!! I then open the first ratty looking roll and...cladtastic! :-\ As I have said before I didn't get my hopes up because I have seen lots of old ratty rolls before that were full of clad so I felt these rolls might be the same...however, the next few rolls were glorious!!! :angel9:

When I splashed the 2nd roll into my hand it was almost solid silver and my heart skipped a beat - [12] 40%ers and [4] 90%ers!!! :headbang:

When I splashed the 3rd roll into my hand it was a bit of a let down after that previous roll but very good too - [3] 40%ers! :laughing9:

When I splashed the 4th roll into my hand it was almost solid silver too, another heart-stopping roll like the 2nd - [13] 40%ers and [3] 90%ers!!! :headbang:

The 5th roll was amazing too and contained [9] 40%ers and [3] 90%ers!!! :hello2:

The 6th roll was a major letdown as it was cladville - population 20!!! (Thanks Ltrain :tongue3:)

After all of that glorious silver you would think I would stop for the day but oh no, I had to stop at a few more branches on the way back to work and one sweet old teller sold me a '52D roosie for ten whole cents!!! :D

Today's total take:
[41] 40%ers
[10] 90%ers
[1] silver roosie

Thanks for reading and HH!!!

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Attachments

• mms_picture(10).jpg
    mms_picture(10).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 628
Upvote 0

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Killer score.

My girlfriend wouldn't let me drive to MD, which was like, 12 minutes from us. I was irritated... bet there was something down there.

I'm jealous, really... that's quite a bit of cash in your pocket, haha.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
That's an excellent score. Congratulations to you. I think we will see a lot of good silver posts coming up as it has been a little slow for the past few months. Just my feeling and as most of you know I am usually right. Good luck out there everyone.
rileyboy

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Nice score i would be very happy to find that much silver keep up the hunt. Ron

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
$ilver$urfer said:
She (teller) comes over with the ratty looking rolls and asks do you collect them or are you looking for silver? I say I collect them and fill my sets they are hard to find thank you so much

Take note newbies. This is an excellent example of the response you want to give to a teller. Never use the "S" word.

Nicely done there Surfer, and very nice finds.

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
And the roll continues! AMAZING week! Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right :thumbsup: Congrats!

undergrounddrew

Jan 16, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Technetics G2 Fisher F75 Black, Minelab 3030,Minelab X-Terra 705 and more!!!
Congrats! Glad you made the right choice!

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post $ilver$urfer, glad to see you hit and nice pics :thumbsup:
HH...Miner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread