Two good days: yesterday and today.

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Yesterday: found five rolls of nearly all pre-1960 nickels. One roll contained exactly 20 war nicks! Ended up with 24 war nicks in total and over 100 nicks from the 40's and 50's as well as several 1970d ms65fs. Then I managed a mercury dime, three 40% halves and 2 Ben Franklins ('63 and '52).

Today: I didn't really CRH as I was at a fund raiser for my boys' school. They have a thing called the "penny wars" in which classes try to beat each other out by bringing in more change. Anyhow, I 'm talking to the leader of the parent/teacher organization as she is counting out donations and she asks me to look at some "funny coins" that came in. Staring at me are 19 mercury dimes. I offered her $20 for the lot. She's happy, I'm happy. I get them home and fill three spots in my book: 1938, 1939d and 1940s.

I've got some time to kill tomorrow and I plan to do at least $800 in dimes and $200 in nicks. I'll do some cents as well and pray for halves to appear.

Good luck everyone,

OWS

Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 War Nickels? I would have fainted. Never seen a haul like that. :notworthy:

You did all the good obsessed! Very, very happy for you. That deserves a big "congrats!"

apush :read2:

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go OWS!!! You've done amazing so far this month and we are only 4 days in!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Y'all have some crazy good luck.

Congrats on the scores... I'm jealous in regards to the Mercs.

festiva_ford

Oct 22, 2010
:o Gosh! I'm so jealous! I would have fainted if i got that many war nicks and mercs! Praise to you! :notworthy:

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Ltrain said:
Y'all have some crazy good luck.

Congrats on the scores... I'm jealous in regards to the Mercs.

I stumbled across some old papers about hired hands.
Well a Merc could also be short for a Mercenary, a hired killer most likely paid in silver and gold.

Do you mean you're jealous because of all the pretty single moms.. Or, in reguards to the mercs,
do you mean the mercury dimes? Because anyone can raise a coin drive, for whatever cause.

I'm pretty sure the more booty you have, the more loot you can get :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread