My first box to yield Silver (of four searched)

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Bought three $500 boxes of halves over the last month and no silver. Sure is a far cry from my first day trying this when I found 5 - 40% in the $10 worth the teller had in the drawer.

Got a $500 at Bank of the West and found onbly 1 1969d and a scratched 1989s proof. Keeping my fingers crossed for the $500 box that should arrive tomorrow from US Bank. Still better than NO silver.

Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congrats on the halve! I went thru 8 boxes before I got another box of silver halves. Good luck with the
next box.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Just ask either the vault teller or manager if they will order one for you. One of my banks will order 1 box and the other(a cr. union) needs for me to order 2 boxes. They come in to the bank and you buy them from them. Then you take them home and count your silver.

Depending on the bank that you resell them to you can either turn them in loose or reroll them. I usually uncrimp one end and put them back in same rolls. As far as I know none of the banks I sell to has a coin counter. Some of the other posters use banks that will not take rolled coins.

OP
OP
I

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
I order from several banks, one $500 box at a time. I come in the day they say they will be in so they don't have assets lying around not earning interest. I give them cash for the box, haul it back to the office and go thru the rolls on my lunch break. When I'm done, I haul it to the Wells branch where they have a coin sorter. No fee for account holders. I deposit the recept from the machine and withdraw another $500 when I feel like doing it again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread