Baggravated!!!

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to dump coins at a branch about 30 minutes from my house on Saturday. After asking for halves the head teller tells me they have a bag of halves in the vault and that the bag had just filled up the other day. She also tells me it is the second time in 11 years she has been there that the half bag has filled up. :icon_thumleft: Well, I bought the bag and you can probably guess from the title of my post that the bag was skunky and I am pretty sure I was shorted about $10 too. I sure hope there weren't any cherry picking tellers that went through the bag before me! I think there were only 4 NIFCs in the entire bag. Luckily I was able to dump them all at another branch on the way home just before they closed. In retrospect, and as a word to the wise: half bags will be filling up more since more and more people are half hunting and need easy places to dump their reject coins so the silver return in bags is bound to go down from here.

I will buy a bag again as many of you highly recommend but my first experience left me baggravated!!! >:(

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Upvote 0

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Bags are just like boxes... it's pure luck. I got two bags the same day once (different banks), one was a complete skunk, while the other had lots of silver. Keep getting them and you will hit big :thumbsup:

OP
OP
$ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FingerGrime said:
You are the king of portmanteaus!

LOL - thank you, I love making up new terms, especially for CRH!!! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread