Another $1,000 in halves...

craig101

May 8, 2006
picked up another 2 boxes today.

just like the last time, most of the silver came from the first box.

i found:

10-90% halves; 1 1935 walking, 1 1963 franklin, 8 1964 bennies, and 1 2000s silver proof.

13-40% halves.

not too bad.

got some bad news from my bank today (1 branch bank). this is the second time they have ordered 2 boxes for me. the minneapolis federal reserve now charges them .30 cents/roll as a fee to wrap them again. since these boxes are not part of their "usual order", they are tacking this fee onto the bank. i know it's not the bank charging me, as i am good friends with the head teller and she was the one who told me. so i won't be ordering from them again, as i don't want to pay $15 per box. i'll order my next boxes from my credit union. last time i got 2 boxes from them, i got 1 fat shiny 40% half, so i thought they were jinxed, but i'll give them another shot.

i'm gonna keep on dropping my searched coins off at the bigger banks, so i don't get charged.

Craig

Upvote 0

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Great score on the halves. I'd love to get a box like that. I don't like the idea of paying a rolling fee. My finds from the last two boxs I got wouldn't have paid enough to cover it.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering the increase in half roll hunting I'm afraid we can expect more of these extra charges. I'm sure banks are talking to one another about this. ::)

What a great haul of silver Craig! Bravo! Keep at it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread