Hit 5 banks for loose halves and got two boxes of halves today

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the two boxes I ordered were in today. I decided while out to pick those up Id hit all the other banks for what they had. Most had none. Got $100 in rolled halves from one and $3-$5 from a few others. No luck at all in any of the loose coins or rolls.

Picked up my two boxes and brought them home. Ripped open the first box to see all new shiney rolls of 2000 halves. Thats too bad, But, I got a box of new ones last time also. Onto the second box. AT first I thought they were all new coins as well since they were all shiney but luckily they werent. Got through half the box and hadnt found anything yet. I then hit a 1964 (my very first 90% half ever). Next came a 2002D (my first post 2001 half ever).

In the end, I ended up with the 1-90%er, and 3-40%ers (1964,1965,1967,1968, and the 2002D)

Overall Im pleased to get the 64 and 02. I havent been lucky enough to get one of the boxes with a large amount of silver in it. 4 silvers is actually themost Iv found from a box yet. But, Ill keep at it and maybe eventually hit the big time. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congratulations on the silver,and keep buying the boxes and hopefully you will get one box that is loaded. :)

My last box had a 2006 halve,but the face was really marked up and didn't look nice so I turned it back in.
That was the first 2006 I have seen so far.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
TH-
Just go to the bank; best bet, the one you have and account with, and ask if they will order a box of halves( or whatever). With halves, I have one bank that will order one and another that will only do 2 at a time. I think some people even get them from banks that they don't have accts. with.

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good!!
Better then nothing...
Joe

Top Member Reactions