Have Money,Will Travel

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
My son ScoobaSteve, who lives 50 miles from me hunts a few boxes a month. With 5 kids,time and money are in short supply for him.He does have dump banks though.
Myself, I have time,and money,but no dump banks.
Now I've done some forum research and things have changed in the past couple of years. Two years ago there was a lot more postings of road trips,good or bad,boxes searches,finds and skunks.
It appeared to be a livelier forum. I know that there is a lot of silver being harvested,but not reported, and plenty of skunks that we never hear about.
Anyway to liven things up a bit I got together with Steve, and hatched a plan.
I told him to order 6 boxes of halves,I'll put up the money,and we will split the loot 50/50.
So we did on Wednesday
Two of the boxes were skunks and we got the following out of the remaining 4 boxes.
1x WLH
1x Ben
5x 1964's
19x 40's
1x 40% Bicentennial
All searched and dumped within a couple of hours.
We spilt up the silver and I let him grab the Bicentennial,Walker and Ben,because he is more fascinated with the oldies than I am.
We searched and dumped together which made for a pleasent experience. In fact it was fun !
I've no real interest in getting back into CRHing,but for the first time in a while I enjoyed myself as did Steve.
So we are going to do this again next week, and in all probability will score a dream box, for your reading pleasure and to add to our treasure
HH
Rich

Upvote 0

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story Rich - and yes, like you now that I've caught the silver bug I don't think I will ever be able to quit cold turkey! Speaking of turkey, can't wait until Thanksgiving!!! :laughing7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
$ilver$urfer said:
Nice story Rich - and yes, like you now that I've caught the silver bug I don't think I will ever be able to quit cold turkey! Speaking of turkey, can't wait until Thanksgiving!!! :laughing7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

MMMM
turkey and gravy ohh I'm drooling.
richard is back on the train again, after falling off the wagon.
Not even ghosts stories can stop this guy from the hunt!
Plus, the time with the son, is worth it, even if it's just to make money...
I mean what can you say, it's a win win...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread