1968 Half Dollar with copper edge (PICS ADDED!!)

Iheartmoney

Apr 4, 2010
Today I stopped at my savings account bank and withdrew $250 so I could open an account with TD bank so I will not have to pay a 6% fee to use their penny arcade. I asked for half dollars as well before I left. She pulled out 10 of them and I gave her $5. As soon as I got them I checked the edges. NOTHING. Upon later inspection... I read the dates. 1 of them was a 1968. Hmm. I thought all silver halves had silver edges (meaning you didn't see the copper ring). I did the drop test and I am pretty sure it's silver. It has a different luster then the other copper ones. It looks uncirculated and looks real. Is this an error or am I wrong? I'll try to add a picture. Pictures added!!

Attachments

• rsz_1img_3190.jpg
    rsz_1img_3190.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,766
  • rsz_img_3197.jpg
    rsz_img_3197.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,147
  • rsz_img_3191.jpg
    rsz_img_3191.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,949
Upvote 0

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
why is this a thread? why are we debating this?

If a coin is silver, it's silver, it's not copper nor does it look copper. The only ones that are considerably close to looking 'like copper' are silver 40%s with slick edge due to being used in slot machines. However, any ones that could be missed by the naked eye are easily found with sound test. BLUF: silvers are silver, clads are clads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions