What Pennies to look for when CRH

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Look for Wide AM's and personally, a 1969 doesn't pass through my fingers without first checking for the S mint mark. If an S is found, then I verify if it is the elusive double-die. Look through my past posts and you'll find a thread where a CRH'er found one after re-checking his hoard of copper. I believe the last one to go to auction fetched 400K.

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Diver_Down said:
Look for Wide AM's and personally, a 1969 doesn't pass through my fingers without first checking for the S mint mark. If an S is found, then I verify if it is the elusive double-die. Look through my past posts and you'll find a thread where a CRH'er found one after re-checking his hoard of copper. I believe the last one to go to auction fetched 400K.
Whoa, now I feel like checking my copper hoard...

The '84 doubled ear is something I'm always on the lookout for along with the '92-D ClAM.

festiva_ford

Oct 22, 2010
Diver_Down said:
Wow find one of thoes and you have it made! :hello2:

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Yep you said it, I check all 1984's for the double ear, and the 1983's have some mint errors too so I look over them.
From now on I'll be checking my 1969's.

What else to look for? Bright red uncirculated looking coppers. It's amzing to get a penny from the 60's looks like it's never hit the ground.
Those good condition reds, mint errors, etc.

Just spend time where you can closely inpecting pennies, once it's in your mind, the mint errors will stick out like a sore thumb if you have good lighting while searching.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread