apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 boxes this week (1 short). Results not so hot (once again) considering the volume. But, it beats a big ol' skunk by a long shot. Only 4 of 10 boxes contained keepers.

Perhaps the next few weeks will bring silver prosperity to us all.

1-1951 Ben
2-1964s
31-40%
2 Cameo Clads (1988S & 1998S)--filled two more holes
1-1976 Diez Pesos (neat coin)
1-Clad 1991-D with the letter "C" stamped on Kennedy's head with a dollar sign inside the "C."

Still have not joined the 1970 or Barber clubs . . . hopefully I can join at least one before the New Year.

Happy Silver Hunting,
apush :read2:

Upvote 0

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scores on those boxes that produced! :icon_thumleft: The same thing seems to the case with me - I have some really good boxes mixed with the occasional skunk so I end up averaging 3-4 silvers per box. I guess that is the name of the game?!?

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you still had a pretty good week. Are you counting the days until Xmas vacation ? Keep up the good silver harvest. Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
apush said:
10 boxes this week (1 short). Results not so hot (once again) considering the volume. But, it beats a big ol' skunk by a long shot. Only 4 of 10 boxes contained keepers.

Perhaps the next few weeks will bring silver prosperity to us all.

1-1951 Ben
2-1964s
31-40%
2 Cameo Clads (1988S & 1998S)--filled two more holes
1-1976 Diez Pesos (neat coin)
1-Clad 1991-D with the letter "C" stamped on Kennedy's head with a dollar sign inside the "C."

Still have not joined the 1970 or Barber clubs . . . hopefully I can join at least one before the New Year.

Happy Silver Hunting,

Good score :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nearly two rolls of silver is not bad. Personally I don't care to find the 70's or Barbers. I want that box with 20 enders showing. :o Tear into those rolls finding mutiple keepers,roll after roll,after roll.....
Who knows, I could catch that one this week, or you might :icon_sunny:
HH
Rich

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a disappointer. :-\ Maybe next time.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a good week in my book

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Keep at it Apush. You will get a haircut and other cool stuff. I've been doing this for over ten years, so it does take patience...

BTW: I have another goal for you: One of my cooler finds was a 1964 Accented Hair Kennedy Proof Half Dollar. It's a pretty rare variety. I got 4 1964 proofs about 5 years ago along with at least 100 other Kennedy proofs. Several silvers (40%ers) and lots of clad proofs from the 90s. They were all in very good shape for coming out of rolls. The 1964s are very nice. I sold all the clads on Feebay and kept the silvers as usual!

Errors are cool too. The best ones I've gotten are a clipped planchet Kennedy and a BU Broadstrike Kennedy my daughter picked out. She said, this is funny, Dad, the edge doesn't have any of the grooves on it. Sure enough, it was broadstruck and about 5% off center. Very cool error. She also found the only 90% modern silver proof we have gotten -- she said Dad, it looks like a silver from the edge, but it's dated 1997. It was an impaired Silver Proof! Pretty cool since that's her birth year!

With your volume, you will get some really good ones over the years I'm sure.

:icon_thumright:

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Apaush, the guy at my coin shop will trade me 3 40% for 1 Barber... seemed like a neat deal to me, especially since I needed one to fill the collection. See if your guy will do the same, just so you have one, because they look cool.. or you could break down and buy one for around $10-13$

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread