3 BOXES OF HALVES TODAY-SEE THE RESULTS

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Today I picked up the 2 boxes of halves that I ordered,but I asked the head teller if she had ordered any additional. She has in the past ordered at least one additional box, and I kept thinking to myself what if that extra box has the silver in it and mine doesn't. LOL So I decided to purchase all 3 boxes of halves.

The first box that I opened contained ALL of the silver and other keepers, the other 2 boxes produced nothing.

Todays Finds:

2-1963D Franklin
4-1964 Kennedy
17- 40% Silver Kennedy
2000S Proof Kennedy
1986-Immigrant Comm.

And for the second week in a row, another Statue of Liberty/Immigrant comm halve. :o I found that really ODD,since I've been searching halves for about six months and have never seen these until now. How are they
getting into circulation? If I found only one I would think a child might have taken it from a parents collection but two, and in two weeks. Hmmmm

I thought I threw the 2006 half back in the box last week,but I didn't so I thought I would post a photo of it as well.

Attachments

• Halves22.jpg
    Halves22.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 399
  • Halves11.jpg
    Halves11.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 397
  • Halves33.jpg
    Halves33.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 401
  • Halves44.jpg
    Halves44.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Do you have any info on the Immigrant comm. I don't seem to find it on any of my list. What is the mintage? Are any of them silver?

OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
goldinmypan said:
Do you have any info on the Immigrant comm. I don't seem to find it on any of my list. What is the mintage? Are any of them silver?

Coin Values magazine has it listed under Modern Commemoratives 1982-2004 at the back of the magazine. It's listed as:
Statue Of Liverty-Ellis Island Centennial. There are regular issues: 1986D/1986S clad halves, 1986P/1986S silver dollar, and 1986W gold half eagle. It does not list the mintage.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the Red Book -

"The first copper-nickel clad half dollar commemorative depicts this country's heritage as a nation of immigrants. The obverse, designed by Edgar Steever, pictures a ship of immigrants steaming into New York harbor, with the Statue of Liberty greeting them in the foreground and the New York skyline in the distance. The reverse, designed by Sherl Joseph Winter, has a scene of an immigrant family with their belongings on the threshold of America. Weight and composition are the same as that of regular issue half dollars."

1986-D (mintage 928,008) with an S-mint proof also (6,925,627)

Pennyworth, I think you might have discovered some political commentary in your roll hunting. With the immigration debate swirling about these days maybe a disgruntled US citizen decided to make a statement against illegal immigration by unloading his commemoratives.

WTG on the silver! Keep up the hunt!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not bad for a girl............ ;) ;D

OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
dekalb33, You crack me up. LOL ;D

Stoney, I think the first box was the second box, and the second box was the third box...err no make that the first box. :P Hehee ;)

OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
AFModell said:
Whats the value on the comem, seeing as so few were made?

Coin Values magazine lists the following values and conditions:

MS-65 $8.00 MS-69 $30.00

However, I think a coin is worth what someone will pay for it and these values may be inflated.

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!!!

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread