Went to dump my pennies.......

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just started searching pennies and had re-rolled $33 worth to dump. My local supply bank and my CU doesn't have a coin counter, so re-rolling sucks. I have re-rolled almost $3000 in halves the last couple months. Well, anyway, I decided to dump at a newer bank instead of my CU. I had opened a savings account there earlier this year. I walk in and the teller says, "Looks like your loaded down. Do you have change?". My reply, " Yeah I have some pennies". Teller,"Oh, just so you know, we have a coin counter in the back. You don't have to roll your change"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......
So I had to wait while she removed $33 worth of pennies and dumped them in the machine.
On a positive note I asked if she ever got any halves? She said rarely, do you collect them? Of course I said yeah and asked her to call when they got some in. Keeping my fingers crossed (and don't have to roll my pennies ;D).

HH,
Legend

Upvote 0

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
that's a stoke of luck there. I'm like you, rolling pennies STINKS.
But just don't abuse it.. I mean $33 is a legit number, but if you stroll in there every week with over $100 in pennies, well then.

Congradulations on the find.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
FiresEye said:
But just don't abuse it.. I mean $33 is a legit number, but if you stroll in there every week with over $100 in pennies, well then.

I roll in with over $300 in pennies some weeks. And over $998 in halves (Since I never get more than 3 NIFC and 1 silver if i am lucky out of two boxes!) other weeks. Some weeks over $998 in halves AND $300 in pennies. But they say "Bring it on. We'll take what you have", so it has been great.

Now if there were only a way to drop that to $994 in halves per week. :wink:

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
jrf30 said:
FiresEye said:

I roll in with over $300 in pennies some weeks. And over $998 in halves (Since I never get more than 3 NIFC and 1 silver if i am lucky out of two boxes!) other weeks. Some weeks over $998 in halves AND $300 in pennies. But they say "Bring it on. We'll take what you have", so it has been great.

Do you Actually ROLL in with the pennies like you are rolling or thepennies are rolling, or you are rolling whilerolling the pennies on a hand cart?
Or I asume you mean you just lug in by hand $300 of zincolns.. what sort of mechanism do you use to carry them?
And by roll do you mean you ROLL up $300 in pennies, how long does it take to roll that many...
Im confused :icon_sunny:

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
jrf30 said:
FiresEye said:

You can't spend $4 in halves a week? Too busy buying houses ;D?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread