I did a road trip Friday

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State
I have been CRHing about 3 weeks so far and have only done teller trays and customer rolls. Up to this point I have scored 4 bens, 1 90 JFK and a half dozen 40ers from about $1000 worth of halves searched at about 30 different banks. I took a road trip on Friday hitting 20 banks (19 of them for the first time) and it took me about two hours. About half of the banks had halves in the tray and I collected $68.50 worth. Only two banks had rolls - one had 5 and the other 3. All of the 137 loose halves I received were clad, and I was incredibly dissapointed. Every other road trip to date resulted in at least one 40er.

When I got home I was annoyed and didn't search my rolls right away.

Later that night I looked at my rolls and noticed one of them had the name of an old bank on it. That bank changed names in the early 70s. I figured if there was a roll that might have silver, this would be the roll. I opened it up and about had a heart attack - looking back at me was a walking eagle! I pulled it out and the next coin was another eagle. The next 2 were Bens. In all the roll had 4 walkers and only 5 coins in it were clad. The second roll was about the same silver percentage. The third roll was about half silver - mostly 40ers. The other 5 rolls only had 1 40er in them combined.

Total score was 4 walkers, 7 bens, 7 90% JFK and 21 40ers - all but one 40er coming from those three rolls. I know this was the score of a lifetime and will probably never be repeated, but oh man, it felt great. I fear I may be hooked...

Attachments

• IMG_162.jpg
    IMG_162.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great SCOREEEEEE......I think you total accounts for all the silver that is left where I live.. :laughing7:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Excellent road trip. I've been telling people "it's still out there!"
Congrats on a great score.
rileyboy

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used