Time for Change

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
With everyone bemoaning the lack of silver being found in boxes, people should first look at their routine. If something doesn't work, change. Some of us are so predictable with our routine; always getting the same amount, on the same day, dumping on the same day, yada, yada, yada. Don't be afraid to mix it up. Arrange to have your order delivered on a different day. Hold on to the dumps and get rid of them in a different district. Get rid of them in the same district, but perhaps on the morning of your new delivery arrival. You might find yourself digging deeper into the pallet and back in the silver.

For a long time, I was consistently pulling silver. Then about a month ago, I was barely getting a trickle. Something changed. I stumbled upon a delivery when I was dumping at different branch in my same district. I got lazy with my dumping. I usually take them out of district, but I was getting so little silver this past month that it wouldn't hurt if I ended up searching my dumps again. Here is a guy getting 20 boxes from my supplier on the same day as when I usually got mine. The Brinks truck would stop at my branch first and then at this other branch. Routine. It was apparent that despite my efforts to truck the coin out of district, I was searching through this hunter's dumps. I watched consecutive weeks this guy picking up his routine delivery. Well, I switched it up. I now receive my deliveries the day after this monster hunter gets his. Bingo. Back in the silver.

Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
If this guy gets 20 boxes a week.. I don't think it matters too much when you pick up a day later. His large quantity of dumps take up a lot on the pallet.

OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
SFBayArea said:
If this guy gets 20 boxes a week.. I don't think it matters too much when you pick up a day later. His large quantity of dumps take up a lot on the pallet.

This guy isn't too smart. He dumps at the beginning of the week leaving enough time for Brinks to re-roll his dumps and deliver them later in the week. When I was getting my delivery on the same day as his, I was essentially getting 4k of his dumps. He was getting coin that was partially fresh. By delaying my delivery, he is now getting his dumps while I'm on the fresh side of the stack.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
SFBayArea said:

This guy isn't too smart. He dumps at the beginning of the week leaving enough time for Brinks to re-roll his dumps and deliver them later in the week. When I was getting my delivery on the same day as his, I was essentially getting 4k of his dumps. He was getting coin that was partially fresh. By delaying my delivery, he is now getting his dumps while I'm on the fresh side of the stack.

Bet he quits soon enough.

OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
AGCoinHunter said:
Diver_Down said:
SFBayArea said:

I certainly expect him to. This speed bump only showed up about a month ago. He doesn't even have a decent strategy. He picks them up on Thursday and dumps at a different branch same supplier on Monday. I've followed him to workout his pattern. He'll grow tired of the tedium of searching and dumping dumps, and I can resume my normal silver cull. In the meantime, by changing up my routine, I'm back on a silver streak.

Which brings up another point about routines: For safety sake, it is best to change up your routine. People run into danger for lesser amounts than what we deal with on a consistent basis. Do Not go directly home after making a pick-up. Do take a different route than what you usually do. Be alert for others that may be watching (because people are).

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice DD. I'm glad you're finding the silver again. Also good advice about not going directly home.

OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
d2arcing said:
so your telling me your bank change its delivery day for you?

congrats...

My source bank gets a delivery every day at 11 AM. I always had a delivery for Thursday as it was convenient. Moving to Friday, has been good for me as I mentioned above.

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Diver_Down said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Diver_Down said:
SFBayArea said:

I've followed him to workout his pattern. He'll grow tired of the tedium of searching and dumping dumps, and I can resume my normal silver cull. In the meantime, by changing up my routine, I'm back on a silver streak.

Which brings up another point about routines: For safety sake, it is best to change up your routine. People run into danger for lesser amounts than what we deal with on a consistent basis. Do Not go directly home after making a pick-up. Do take a different route than what you usually do. Be alert for others that may be watching (because people are).

YOU FOLLOWED HIM? THEY ARE WATCHING ME? * gets tinfoil hat on*

Seriously though, it's not that serious, and if it is, may be time to split time between other hobbies... ALso, St. Augustine is agreat town.

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great points there Diver - you are right about changing up your routine! I went to dump at a different branch on a different day in a different part of town last week and scored [41] - 40%ers and [10] - 90%ers from 6 customer rolls. ;D The day before that I dumped a day earlier than I normally do and found two customer rolls with [17] 40%ers in them!!! ;D I changed up my routine and had unpredictably awesome results!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread