Did my Bank a Favor- Got a Small Reward for It

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to pick up halves from my supply bank this morning. The vault teller sidled up to me and asked for a favor. One of their regulars had dumped 300 Ike Dollars on them and they had no way to get rid of them without another $700 in Ikes to complete a bag. I took it intending to have fun with the drive thru geniuses who have never seen a big dollar. I did find one 1976 40% Ike in the bunch so all is not lost.
So far 4 boxes have produced 18-40%ers and 4-90%ers. I am halfway thru searching and have easily paid for my box fees. Cheers, Jim

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sold $210 in Ikes for $1.10 each shipped. Fits into a small flat rate box which is $4.85. Should get 300 into one if you are thinking of selling. Easy $16 profit.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9 said:
I I am halfway thru searching and have easily paid for my box fees. Cheers, Jim

Box Fees! you gotta be kidding? I would never deal with a bank that charged me "box fees" icon_hunter.gif

Attachments

• icon_hunter.gif
    icon_hunter.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 322
OP
OP
coolpix9

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
If you lived in my town, you would get used to paying fees for boxes. Times they are a changin'. If the banks can charge fees and the customers continue to line up, why wouldn't they continue. I have been doing this for awhile. When I first got started the banks bent over backwards to get rid of halves and provide great customer service. Now the banks at least around here are sick of handling 16,000 halves dumped on them every Tuesday so I get rewarded with fees. When 3 out of 4 boxes produce roughly $120 worth of silver,I don't mind the fees.
Jim

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
i cleaned out 178 bucks worth of "dead space" ikes for one of my "regular" CRH banks -- no good on looking for silver sadly -- however it was fun spending them at a food store a bit out of the local area for a weeks worth of food --went there to be sure not to see them again --to get them out of my coin supply chain at my local banks :wink: :icon_thumright:

the tellers had hooked me up with $5 worth of halfs the week before that had 3 90 % 1964 halves.

OP
OP
coolpix9

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
$3 per box of halves. My dump bank has recently told me they are going to charge $4 per canvas bag of halves to dump. I have a couple of really large bags I am going to drop on them. My guess they will hold 3000 halves per bag. I want to see that bird-legged teller hoist them up to the counter. Jim

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Tried selling ikes on craigs list and all i got was spam. So i used and will use them at coin shows to buy the small prepriced silver pieces that are too much trouble to reprice when silver moves [up].

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread