AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kalebdad said:
It looks like it will be time for people to take profits in PM's before the close of the year. They can sell losing stock and winning PM's and offset the Tax burden before year end. Just my thought. Anyone else feel the same way?

Also remember next year that capital gains taxes for long term investments go up from 15% now to your overall tax rate unless this do nothing congress gets their a$$es in gear. I am supprised there hasnt been more of a sell off in investments so far.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
AGCoinHunter said:
kalebdad said:
It looks like it will be time for people to take profits in PM's before the close of the year. They can sell losing stock and winning PM's and offset the Tax burden before year end. Just my thought. Anyone else feel the same way?

Also remember next year that capital gains taxes for long term investments go up from 15% now to your overall tax rate unless this do nothing congress gets their a$$es in gear. I am supprised there hasnt been more of a sell off in investments so far.

There is no favorable long term capital gains treatment for sale of PMs or PM ETF shares, all are treated at the collectibles rate. I believe that mining stocks do receive favorable rate though.

Jim

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
AGCoinHunter said:
kalebdad said:

There is no favorable long term capital gains treatment for sale of PMs or PM ETF shares, all are treated at the collectibles rate. I believe that mining stocks do receive favorable rate though.

Jim

Was mainly speaking of stocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread