Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Nov 2005
    North Central Tennessee
    MXT
    140 times

Spirit of '76

Most of you can guess what I'm about to tell you..............

I got my weekly two boxes of halves on Tuesday. Box one, skunk. Box two SCORE .

Out of 50 rolls, FORTY-ONE were solid Bicentennials. What the ?

They were all machine rolled, so someone obviously dumped a TON of 76's. I opened a few rolls, and after getting several in a row that were all Bi's, I dumped the box out, and there were 34 rolls in the box that had the dual-date or the bell staring out at me. Chances are everything in between is the same, in my opinion. So if anyone wants 34 machine rolls with Bi-enders, I've got em. They're going to the dump bank tomorrow.....

The remaining rolls in the box were all clads.

Tally thus far: 11 boxes, 25 x 40%. ZERO 90% !!!!

us
    Oct 2010

Re: Spirit of '76

I'd be careful about thinking they are solid. My last box was almost entirely solid uncirculated 2000's. There were maybe 10-15 rolls with a few other clad stuck in, and I still managed 5 40%ers from that box. Unlikely... but possible.

us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    2192 times

Re: Spirit of '76

Happened to me Monday. Teller said she had 30 rolls. I had enough on me for 21 of them. EVERY single roll was solid Bicentennial halves. Needless to say I did not go back for the remaining 9 rolls. (I saw them and they were all from the same box, same wrappers).

If you really want to go through a huge hassle for little gain, I have seen several of these Bicentennial rolls selling on ebay for $12/roll. Not worth it for me.
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Sponsored Links