Unbelievable Bag !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
I use a local credit union for dumping halves which has several branches in my area. They have coin counters but the problem is they will only allow $200. per day without a fee, even to members. So I usuallly rotate branches and dump my $200 per day. I finally ot one of these branches to sell me boxes about six months ago and have been buying from them almost every week since. Of course, as soon as I started buying from them, I quit dumping at their branch. Well, they called me this week and said their half dollar was full and asked if I would like to buy it. I knew that I probably had some dumps in the bag but hadn't dumped any here since June, so I said YES, I would like to buy the bag. They agreed to hold it for me until today which is my normal visit day to pick up my boxes. As I was unloading the bag from the car tonight, I noticed a couple of Walking Liberties and a Franklin and figured, hey , this may be a good bag. By the way, it was a $1000. bag. After completing the search, here are the final totals:

31 -- Walking Liberty
36 -- Bens
15 -- 1964
60 -- 1965-1969

142 Total

38.5 ounces of the silver stuff to add to the pile. More than enough to keep me in the game a few more days. HH

FL Junkman

Upvote 0

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just reached the summit of Ag Mountain!!! :icon_thumleft: AMAZING SCORE!!!

Please post pictures for us - we need motivation!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mouth_drop.gif

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State
That is incrediably awesome!

I do have a question though. You are getting boxes from the credit union, but dumping your clad at other branches of the same CU. Are you not worried about getting all your dumps back in your boxes, or do they use different coin services?

Then again, if 142 keepers is the average bag being sent back to the coin service from those other CUs, I suppose I could keep sorting through my dumps to get it :)

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice snag on the bag. Love the bags right off the coin counter that are not other searchers dumps. Always an interesting mix.

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!...that is just crazy right there. Still can't believe people would just turn in WL's and Ben's like that. Please post pics to motivate the rest of us!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow!!!! Really awesome!!!!

I can't figure out why people wouldn't stop at a coin shop before going to a bank just to see if they have anything of value.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clovis97 said:
Wow!!!! Really awesome!!!!

I can't figure out why people wouldn't stop at a coin shop before going to a bank just to see if they have anything of value.

Because people dont have time!!! :laughing7: :laughing7:
Or they are some spoiled kids cashing in that coin collection grandma got them years ago....Cant complain thou

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Amazing find This means you paid $1000 for the bag. Your silver value was $1105.12 Plus 1858 clad halves value of $929 So basically the bank gave you $1034.12 to take there halves away for them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread