got very excited ....for a minute

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hello all.....new to this part of the forum but wanted to share my brief excitement from yesterday.....I actually used to search rolls of halves back in the mid 80's and after seeing that all of this silver was still floating around I decided to start hunting again......had $100 bucks on me yesterday PM and stopped at my bank and asked if they had any halves.....teller said they had 9 rolls so I took them......walking back to the parking lot I noticed that someone wrote in pencil "1964 Kennedy's on 3 rolls and the other 6 rolls said "1965-69 Kennedy's".......I'm thinking, what the heck are the chances that my first try at this in 20 years could be so lucky......sat in the car and opened a 1964 roll and they were all Bicentennials ??? ???......opened all the rolls and I did come up with 1 '64, 1 '65, and 2 '68-D's.......I was still happy but man what a letdown.......I guess someone re-used old wrappers that used to hold what they said on the side. (and apparently someone who didn't know about silver ones.....) Strange huh?

Happy hunting all......I can see this will be a regular hobby for me again :)

Greg

Upvote 0

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
welcome to the fold. Its always a crap shoot when you get rolls that have obviously been rerolled a couple of times. The last time that happened to me, half said bicent. and they were. The other half said Kennedy so I figured they were picked over. No 64's but he did leave me several 40% ers.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congratulations on the sliver halves, and welcome back into this hobby. Isn't if FUN! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread