Another Coinstar goodie

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laid off searching today. Well sort of. I went to a coin show here in town and beefed up my Canadian penny collection. It's certainly more expensive buying them this way as opposed to finding them in rolls and spare change at face value!

Speaking of which, the Coinstar at my grocery store had a bunch of random coins in the return slot so I scooped 'em out to see what someone had abandoned. There were common date US dimes and pennies (35 cents worth) and a 1977 Japan 10 yen. Who knew I'd be beefing up my Japanese collection today too! I think killerwine mentioned feeling like a scrounge while checking out these machines. I know what he means but it's worth it!

R

rickou812

Immy said:
Laid off searching today. Well sort of. I went to a coin show here in town and beefed up my Canadian penny collection. It's certainly more expensive buying them this way as opposed to finding them in rolls and spare change at face value!

Speaking of which, the Coinstar at my grocery store had a bunch of random coins in the return slot so I scooped 'em out to see what someone had abandoned. There were common date US dimes and pennies (35 cents worth) and a 1977 Japan 10 yen. Who knew I'd be beefing up my Japanese collection today too! I think killerwine mentioned feeling like a scrounge while checking out these machines. I know what he means but it's worth it!
What is the worth of canadian cents?

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Hey when I walk into a grocery store the first thing I do is hit the Coin Star machine. LOL I'm not too proud. ;)

Congratulations on the Japanese 10 Yen. :)

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
So What; Do you guys hit phone booths and coke machines too??? I think I'm going to run down to the grocery store and give it a try.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Ok I did it. Ran down to the market and checked. The machine said it was full and couldn't take coin and nothing in the return slot. I WILL check again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread