Road Trip Today - same route, horrible results!!!

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Fellow CRHers,

Well, I went on an 'official' full day road trip again today, taking the same route I took in September where I scored [14] 40%ers and [12] 90%ers. This time I found a few more banks to stop at but unfortunately, I heard more "we gave them away last week" and "we have 6 or 7 people ask for them every day" or "we never get them in" comments than ever before!!! :(

At any rate, 175 miles, 6 gallons of gas and 6 hours on the road produced one the dirtiest 40%ers I have ever found in my life and a 2000S clad proof out of about $500 found and searched. :dontknow: I was very frustrated with my results but as you all know the hunt is always fun. I have a feeling I won't be doing any 'official' road trips again for a very long time. Interestingly enough, this past weekend I found [3] 40%ers at my dump banks from teller trays, maybe I will only ask for halves when I am dumping from now on. :tongue3: Yeah right, I'll be hunting again next week!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Upvote 0

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
Not a good day $$ but remember this is just a hobby. Looks like you spent about $18.00 on fuel for the day's entertainment. What else could you have done all day and only spent $18.00 having fun. I know it's much more fun finding silver but it is called "the hunt". We all have those kind of days but the way I look at it, you're now just one day closer to that "big hit" Hang in there and Merry Christmas. HH

FL Junkman

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Road trips are a total gamble in my opinion.. a lot of gas and time used. I do realize that customer rolls are better than bank boxes. I'm starting to ask for any halves more now when I dump dimes or zincolns. I don't like to dump halves and then ask for halves. The tellers probably don't like that. I dumped today $7 in zincolns (not much I know) and asked for halves to replace the keepers I pulled from boxes and ones I had to use so I have full boxes when I dump. I usually ask for rolls of halves that they have. The teller said she had one dollar of halves meaning two. I thought what the heck, ok I'll take it. Need them to replace the ones I took out of bank rolls. Anyhow, I was suprised that one of them was a 1968-D. This is at a bank where one guy mentioned that he knew about silver so I thought this teller knew too. I guess not. Probably not all tellers know about the 40%ers. The coin did have a dirty cheek so she probably didn't think it was too special. This goes to show that you never know unless you ask. I'm only going to do this when I dump zincolns and dimes.

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Change it up some, go a different route and try some new towns. At least you didn't get skunked! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread