my old halves

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
The 2 boxs of halves that I had ordered didn't come in today. So here I am with $1000 burning a hole in my pocket. I have been spreading my rejects around with 5 or 6 branches of my regular bank but I've recently had 2nd thoughts about the main branch. I know that the smaller branches roll them right back to the Fed but I found out the main branch has been holding them. I also know that they do a lot of commercial accounts which can be a source for some good coin. So I went there today and bought 1k in halves all but 5 were from me( had my mark ). Of those 5 rolls 2 were unopened 2004-P and in the others I found:

1 1966, 1 1967 and 1 1975/76-S.

I have a feeling that this branch might be a source of some good coin for me not that I cleaned out all the pre-screened.

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I've had some luck searching what people bring in, but I think the best odds are from where these banks order their rolls from. Only two in my town actually order rolls of halves, and one of them has stopped producing. The other still produces well.

I still make the circuit, and even have a couple vault tellers who call me when they get some in.... but I think the best stuff comes from the machine rolled coins from a certain service. I have no idea which one it is, but I do know the two banks use different services.

OP
OP
goldinmypan

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I went in today and picked up the last 190 of my old coins from the main bank in my town. Now we will see if the merchants drop off any more goodies. Since I now know that they do hold them for extended periods, I'll check back in a couple 3 weeks and see.

OP
OP
goldinmypan

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I was just looking at the two 2004 bank rolls that I got the other day and noticed that 1 was a "D" and the other was a "P". Cool I don't even have to open them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread