How do you dress on road trips or dump trips ??

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
Just wondering how some of you feel about your dress code when visiting banks on a road trip or for dumping. My wife and I dis-agree on this one. I am retired and dress real casual around the house but whenever I go out for the purpose of visiting banks to search for coins or to dump coins, I always "clean-up", shower and shave and try to dress business casual. She does not feel this is necessary, however she will not even go to the grocery store without doing the same thing, except she does not have to shave! My reasoning and I believe it to be true is that you get treated with much more respect when you are clean, neat and nicely dressed. Maybe it's just my thing and I should get over it but it's just my style. Care to share your opinion? HH and Merry Christmas to All.

FL Junkman

Upvote 0

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
I wear a shirt that says "I'm looking for silver!" any time I'm going to banks. :tongue3:
But seriously, being days away from 15, I dress especially casual. I don't like to look like I'm carrying a wad of cash around on me. At any age you're a target for criminals. I rarely dress to impress.

HH and MC,
JJ

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Ski mask and long trench coat. Hunting and dumping is worked into my regular schedule so whatever I'm wearing is it- the ladies all think I'm rich anyways so no need to impress. HH Mark

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
For picking up boxes and dumping, I usually just dress casually since they all know me already. However, when I go on a road trip, I always dress nice and clean. I have noticed a major improvement with the tellers' attitudes when I walk up. Always dress for success :icon_thumleft:

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Syrys said:
For picking up boxes and dumping, I usually just dress casually since they all know me already. However, when I go on a road trip, I always dress nice and clean. I have noticed a major improvement with the tellers' attitudes when I walk up. Always dress for success :icon_thumleft:

Exactly. Think about job interview or go to church. Asking for free silver is like asking for a bless or job offer.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Actually if you do a lot of road trips this is very important. I went from getting the cops called on me to getting silver halves they were holding for someone else [multiple times]. Hell if i was single other options would also be available. You get more flies with honey then you do with vinegar.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Sequin "G" String and matching Halter Top. Never fail to be noticed.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a business suit--have plenty in my line of work. (Oh, Coolpix9!) :laughing9:

apush :read2:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha..its funny that I saw this post, because i actually have a routine when i do it..Normally i get the coins during my lunch hour at work so im always dressed up to a T...but when i dump, i usally wear my MD'ing clothes and look like im cashing in my savings..

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
i usually hit up banks in uniform and get the upmost respect. on past road trips I will dress business casual as well. At times I even rock the dirtcy sanchez...the dirty sanchez has not produced ill results, in fact, my wife finds it quite attractive. ;)

~phrostie

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
phrostie said:
At times I even rock the dirtcy sanchez...the dirty sanchez has not produced ill results, in fact, my wife finds it quite attractive. ;)

~phrostie
LOL, I thought this was supposed to be a family forum!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread