Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Aug 2010
    LeFlore County Oklahoma
    Whites XLT
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

charge for halfs?

just wondering what is the charge for ordering halfs if there is a charge . i hear people talking about it all he time

Charter Member
    us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2183 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: charge for halfs?

My bank orders mine (1 to 2 boxes at a time) for free. If I had to pay, I'd stop ordering, especially these days with so many "skunk" boxes. Just my opinion.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

us
    Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker
    My bank orders mine (1 to 2 boxes at a time) for free. If I had to pay, I'd stop ordering, especially these days with so many "skunk" boxes. Just my opinion.
    Agreed. I order 4 boxes max per bank with no problems (yet) but with so many small 'hidden costs' to this hobby it would be hard to stay in the black with having to pay for boxes as well. If a branch starts to charge you just find a new branch. I flirt with all the female tellers, seems to work well for me.
    2011 Finds
    4x War Nickels
    0x Barber Dimes
    1x Mercury Dimes
    14x Roosevelt Dimes
    0x Canadian Dimes
    0x Washington Quarters
    1x WLH
    1x Franklin
    14x 1964 Kennedy
    89x 40% Kennedy

us
    Nov 2010
    113 times

If banks tell you they will charge for ordering, I would be looking elsewhere. As posted before - with as many skunks are out there, this hobby would be costing you money.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    1028 times
    silver surfing

Quote Originally Posted by MentalUnrest
    If banks tell you they will charge for ordering, I would be looking elsewhere. As posted before - with as many skunks are out there, this hobby would be costing you money.
    Oh well, you already have time and gas $ invested, lots of hobbies cost $, (golfing can be expensive).

us
    Aug 2010
    Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by silver spoon
    i talked to the head teller today and i agreed to only dump 500 dallars at a time.I told her i dont want to overwhelm her and i also told her i would put it in 4 bags to make it lighter.She was very happy with my idea.
    Seems like a good idea. I try not to put more than $500 in a bag though I've brought in a bag with $1000 at times. I have not found a bank that will give me canvas bags yet, had to make my won.

PS I think you are slipping back in to your old dialect

us
    Dec 2010
    2 times

One bank wanted to charge me $15 for one box of halves :P. Look elsewhere if they try to charge.

Charter Member
    us
    Diggin up TEXAS!

Sep 2009
    Fort Worth,Texas
    Garrett AT Pro
    1666 times

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker
    Same here..I spread out where im buying my boxes from..Same Bank..just different locations...And if they were charging me...then My little CRH hobby would close to an end..but i only buy a few boxes a month...I try to keep it fun

Sponsors