charge for halfs?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank orders mine (1 to 2 boxes at a time) for free. If I had to pay, I'd stop ordering, especially these days with so many "skunk" boxes. Just my opinion.

EpicDeuce

Dec 2, 2010
packerbacker said:
My bank orders mine (1 to 2 boxes at a time) for free. If I had to pay, I'd stop ordering, especially these days with so many "skunk" boxes. Just my opinion.

Agreed. I order 4 boxes max per bank with no problems (yet) but with so many small 'hidden costs' to this hobby it would be hard to stay in the black with having to pay for boxes as well. If a branch starts to charge you just find a new branch. I flirt with all the female tellers, seems to work well for me. ;)

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
If banks tell you they will charge for ordering, I would be looking elsewhere. As posted before - with as many skunks are out there, this hobby would be costing you money.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
MentalUnrest said:
If banks tell you they will charge for ordering, I would be looking elsewhere. As posted before - with as many skunks are out there, this hobby would be costing you money.
Oh well, you already have time and gas $ invested, lots of hobbies cost $, (golfing can be expensive).

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
silver spoon said:
i talked to the head teller today and i agreed to only dump 500 dallars at a time.I told her i dont want to overwhelm her and i also told her i would put it in 4 bags to make it lighter.She was very happy with my idea.

Seems like a good idea. I try not to put more than $500 in a bag though I've brought in a bag with $1000 at times. I have not found a bank that will give me canvas bags yet, had to make my won.

PS I think you are slipping back in to your old dialect ;)

Furismo

Dec 17, 2010
One bank wanted to charge me $15 for one box of halves :P. Look elsewhere if they try to charge.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:

Same here..I spread out where im buying my boxes from..Same Bank..just different locations...And if they were charging me...then My little CRH hobby would close to an end..but i only buy a few boxes a month...I try to keep it fun :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread