Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

I've been reading all the posts I can in this area, and the one question that keeps popping in my head is, once you find silver, what are you doing with it?!?!??

I started roll hunting for the adventure of finding old coins. When I was a kid, I mainly focused on Pennies..... mostly because when silver hit my pocket, I spent it just ask quickly... it too long to count the pennies out.

So, when I began searching for silver myself, it was more of a realization that silver is becoming more and more uncommon, therefore more collectable (for me). When I find silver say older than 1959, i'll be excited for the age... If I find silver from 60 - 64, i'm excited because I found silver.... then I think.. now what?

So, what are you guys doing with them? Hoarding? Selling? Melting?

Thanks for reading!

Upvote 0

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally am hanging on to mine in the anticipation that silver hits $20 an ounce or better.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know guys that sold off their silver and now wish they had kept it. Not so much as for the $$$ amount but as when it's gone, it's gone. The same goes for gold. I had some rings made into bars and while it is now Fine, it is not a collection of rings anymore with each it's own story. Some collect for the dollars they hope to get for their finds and others collect just for the fun of finding treasure.

Sandman

icegator

Apr 22, 2006
Maurice Louisiana
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
i am holding on to my silver to give to my daughter. by the time she is older the price should be pretty high. ( i hope)

ice

foundinrolls

Jun 6, 2006
Hi ,

For those that do, you can sell silver coins to a dealer for a premium as they will usually pay a little under the spot price for silver. There are also other places like antique shops that sometimes buy silver the same way. There are also places in some areas that particularly buy and sell silver and gold coins for thir bullion value.

Have Fun,
Bill

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with icegator...My son will get my collection someday (he's 14 months)

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread