Who saves "star notes" and why

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Re: Who saves "star notes" and why

7-up

I save the one dollar notes that I find. They aren't worth much more than face value except if they are absolutly uncirculated, old, or BOTH! They are kind of neat to find though, aren't they?

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505

If you have enought of them you can sell them on Ebay now if you find a star note that is also an error you can sell it for a lot on ebay. I keep them and spend them at last resort. P.S. a 100 dollar bundle of mint star note 1's that are sequeincial serial numbers goes pretty good on Ebay just ask my dad...

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I save them. I started about 10 years ago, trying to put together a set of each series from each Fed Bank (A thru L on the seal). I finished 1995 and most of 1993 and 1999 which is good since they're harder and harder to find. Just found my first 2003A series star note. The oldest I've found is a 1974.

Know-it-alls always berate star note collectors telling them they're not worth saving. What about just saving them for fun? A full year set looks very nice in an album. Who cares if they're only worth a buck apiece?

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just recently started collecting star notes and older notes. I have started saving anything from the 1980s and before as well as star notes. Why the 80's? Just because I don't see them very often and maybe 50 years from now my grand kids will get a kick out of them. The oldest I have found so far is a 1963A $1.... I have also found 7 star notes.

It's only a dollar, so if you aren't strapped for every dollar, then why not save them in my opinion?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread