Like I need to add coin roll hunting to my already too many hobbies...But

S

shamhawks

I'm Intrigued....I went back about four months in this topic, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I'm going to start small tomorrow with like $100 or so, but what is your guys method on re-distributing your coins back into circulation, especially with the guys buying $2000 worth of halves at a time.

Do you guys get them from random banks then roll them back up and take back to your own bank?

TC and HH

Upvote 0

foundinrolls

Jun 6, 2006
Hi,
I like to ask my bank to hold any that come in separate from the ones I bring in. They are very helpful in that regard so I dont' usually end up looking through the same halves when I get a few from my own bank.
My general course is to get halves from as many banks and credit unions as I can and "dump" them at my own bank.

Setting it up that my bank will keep the stuff I bring back in separate allows me to keep my bank as a viable source of halves as well.

Thanks,
Bill

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
In the course of my hunting, I have run across some banks that never have halves. They send them on as soon as they get them. Other banks stockpile them until they get a certain amount first. Since these banks never have halves anyway, I have just started dumping my rejects with them. I will still use my regular bank also but now they won't cringe as much when I walk in the door

OP
OP
S

shamhawks

Thanks guys,

Was hoping to give a beginners luck post here today, but no such luck. Went to my bank and got all they had in halves $60 2 rolls of quarters and 4 rolls of dimes...

Nada

The halves were obviously searched already as one roll was all 71-73 another was mostly 76 and another was all 98's

oh well, at least my bank will order a box of halves for me..order on Monday, receive on thurs...now when you guys order boxes from your bank, do you guys take them back to the same bank...I would think a bnk wouldn't like me buying $1000 of halves and bringing them back a week later ;D

I did ask the very cute/nice teller, If they had any limit on the amount of change I could bring back and she said no. Well I didn't find any hidden coin gems, but the bank might be a good prospect anyway :o

OP
OP
S

shamhawks

Didn't want to get skunked on my first day trying coin roll hunting so I went back to a different bank and got $5 in pennies $25 in dimes and $20 in quarters...they didn't have any halves..

only went through the pennies so far,

canadian- 23

wheats 1916, 1956

Attachments

• P1000147.JPG
    P1000147.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 205

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, 1916! Nothing like finding a 90-year-old penny. And from just $5 too. Nice going! Good luck on the rest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread