Pennies and Nickels results... and.. an admission

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, went out to one bank and got 8 bucks worth of pennies. Then, after searching those, went to a different bank and got 10 bucks of pennies and 10 bucks of nickels. I'm addicted..... i'm beginning to ask friends if they have a 'change' bucket that I can sort through... i'm even offering free counting.... oh boy.... i'm hooked!!!

Penny results:
1944D

Canadian Penies
1887-1997
(I'm keeping Canadian's due to a post I saw in here)

AND.. one dime

Nickel results:
1959D

Upvote 0

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Groovedymood.....could you point me to the post you saw about Canadian Coins? Thank you. I have lots of them...never spend them nor ever put them in penny rolls....

OP
OP
Groovedymond

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAIT! STOP! That is the wrong link. I'm sorry for the misdirect. I cannot find that article that I read. Bascially, there was a thread that talked about the Canadian government hoarding pre-2000 pennies. I believe the reason was for issue of their new pennies, but I could be wrong. The person made the point that the pre-2000 will eventually become much like our silver of now a days... so might be a good idea to start hoarding yourself.

Can someone help find that thread I'm speaking of? I've looked and looked... I am SURE I read it on this web page somewhere... just can't find it.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks Groovedymond.....that's ok....it was the thought :). I will continue looking through this site to see if I can locate that thread.

Oh, I have held onto my canadian coins, like forever...I never spend them here nor put them in rolls with the US coins. I am going to start going through those now....and get them set up in holders and placed in my notebook...

Thanks for the heads up...:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread