mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening all, good to see Tnet's back on. I had today off so i did some bank hopping. Seemed like every bank either didn't have any or just sold them yesterday. One silver dime later, i was getting discouraged at the lack of half dollars and was ready to call it quits. Wanted to stop at 1 more bank and made it with 10 minutes to spare. Asked the usual question and the teller had one roll which i bought. That roll,btw,was all clad. She asked the other teller and she had $60.00 more. Wasn't expecting anything special until she opened the end of one roll and mentioned it was silver! I couldn't hand the cash over fast enough as everything started getting a little dark. The writing on the rolls tells it all! Opened 1 roll in the truck and poured out 20 Walkers into my shaking hand. ;D Held off opening the rest until I got home and got pics of the unopened rolls, then my wife and i went to town opening the rest. Results, 4 solid rolls of Walkers and 2 solid rolls of bens! My best bank stop yet! No rare dates but there is a dark film on the edges and on the face of a few of the enders which leads me to believe they were in those wrappers for a long time. The good stuff's still out there. Thanks for reading, enjoy the pics. MM2

Attachments

• DSCN3847.JPG
    DSCN3847.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 950
  • DSCN3848-1.JPG
    DSCN3848-1.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 949
  • DSCN3849-1.JPG
    DSCN3849-1.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 945
  • DSCN3850-1.JPG
    DSCN3850-1.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 951
  • DSCN3851-1.JPG
    DSCN3851-1.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 946
  • DSCN3852-1.JPG
    DSCN3852-1.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 949
  • DSCN3853-1.JPG
    DSCN3853-1.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 948
  • DSCN3854-1.JPG
    DSCN3854-1.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 922
  • DSCN3855-1.JPG
    DSCN3855-1.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 949
  • DSCN3858-2.JPG
    DSCN3858-2.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 850
Upvote 0

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Major road score today!

Oh my dear Lord, you just scaled Ag Mountain Mr. Mountainman!!! :hello2:

That my friend is a score of a lifetime, and it looks like you've had a few of those types of scores!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other

Great score :icon_thumright: and a great way to start out 2011

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

almost as good as that other big score you had. i dream of those. came close a few times but have not scored as big as your's congrats :icon_thumright:

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's it! I am moving back to N.J.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: Nice score - we haven't seen one like that here in quite a while. Congrats!

Maine_Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

Congrats on a GREAT score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

I really enjoyed this tale. Especially the part where your hand was shaking while opening the roll.
How many stop signs and red lights did you run through to get home to search the rest? :laughing7:
HH
Rich

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score, Congratulations! :icon_thumleft: :hello2:

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rich Hartford said:
Congrats on a GREAT score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

I really enjoyed this tale. Especially the part where your hand was shaking while opening the roll.
How many stop signs and red lights did you run through to get home to search the rest? :laughing7:
HH
Rich
I don't think i ran any red lights but it was definitely a little hard to concentrate on the road. ;D
Thanks silvercop, you've had some nice scores yourself and it's just a matter of time before you score big again.
I was wondering what the circumstances were for someone to cash those rolls in. Someone who obviously didn't know their value. Timing is everything too. If I was 10 minutes later, i probably would have missed it because i wouldn't have been able to get back to this branch for at least another week. By that time, i'm almost certain they would have been gone. HH everyone.

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joad said:
Gotta love solid Walker rolls. ;D Any key dates?

Joad
Nothing key, mostly 40s with maybe half a dozen 30s mixed in. There was one well worn 1918-S, you could just make out the S on the reverse and there was 1 no- date. Most of the coins were in nice shape. Judging by the dirty rims and the dirt on the end coins, these were probably sitting around since the 60s or early 70s.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
It still amazes me when I hear that a bank teller just handed someone $1100 like that. I know that feeling too when you see that first roll spill out in your hand. It is one of disbelief for a moment then the big smile spreads on your face as you look at the rest of the rolls.... :headbang: too bad it is so infrequent but it sure makes it special! Thanks for sharing.

Maine_Jim

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Jerseyboy,
That is one outstanding score. Had that happen to me a few times and I share your excitement.
Now if the Jets could have scored like you did, we would have a great super bowl.
Congratualtions good friend and I am very happy for you! It's out there!!!!
rileyboy

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
My goodness! You hit the jackpot!!!! Way to go!!!!

FWIW, the only solid roll that I ever got was in the identical style wrapper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread