Best CRH prank ever pulled?

Laken

Dec 24, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!

So I have been hunting for almost 2 years now, and for the first time! I came across two other CRHers in one bank, AT ONCE! Of course, neither noticed that I was one to begin with ( since I was simply depositing my check and already cleaned this bank out), and one gave the same "I was wondering if you had any half dollars today?" while the other asked for boxes. The day prior, I got a complaint from one of my supply banks complaining that I shouldnt dump all my coins at the same bank everytime! (Funny thing is i told her I use a completely different bank/company to dump my coins at. I have never gotten this before (been my supply bank for a year), so this made me realize that newcomers have either popped up or just dump in my area since it is new.

Now I really dont care to be honest, of course it is more competition, but the more the merrier. Anyways, I remember reading a comment somewhere (I think the Coin Wars thread), about a person dishing out the silver paint pen to fend off (or just frustrate) other CRHers. Honestly, I think it sucks, especially if you are the one who opens a box, rim searches, and gets excited only to find the coin is plated silver. BUT! I digress...

I still think it is funny and would like to know what other ideas people have come up with to get a laugh. I personally have only been gagged and it was opening a skunk box (That I think was retaped) that had an ender that said, "Ha! Took all the silver!" but lets hear what others have, whether it be a prank of their own or one they experienced themselves! Lets hear em! =D

Upvote 0

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i have another funny experience that i pulled. kind of happened fast and did not plan it but about a year ago i was bringing a bag of halves in to dump and someone saw me in the parking lot and came up to me and asked all the crh questions----where did you get that? etc, etc. i could not resist having fun with this guy so i told him that my grandmother was in the nursing home (she was) and we were cleaning out her house and found all of these in her closet. told him that she must have been saving them a long time etc etc. the guy became so excited that i thought he was going to slobber all over himself right there in the parking lot. long story short he said he wanted to buy them from me, so he went back inside the bank and came out with 1K and i gave him the bag. never had such an easy dump. laughed all the way home. never seen the guy again.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
haha these are all great stories!!! this is not exactly the same, but when my dump bank is being a b*tch sometimes a put really random crap in the coin counter so that it makes really irritating jingling noises, and they then get mad (later after im gone of course) and end up having to open up the machine to get rid of the crap i put in (they dont know it was me tho) hahaha...and i have also colored rims silver like mentioned above, wrote "SILVER" on the roll and turned these rolls into banks that i hate haha. keep it up and hh!

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
STDevil said:
I pack hair into the rolls sometimes when I am feeling devious...

LOL .. that is funny. On a related note, I've wiped my spit on a couple currency bills that I used to pay some medical bills that were overcharged. The whole medical billing system is a scam.

Some other guy said he rubbed a check he had to send in to pay bills against his private area before mailing it. That had me cracking up.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Apparently there is a guy at the place that rolls the coins that knows which boxes will get to me and he is continually monitoring them to insure I am only getting the clad. I hope they catch this guy and fast. It is no longer funny to me.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
The silver paint thing doesn't work on me. I'm immune to it since I can tell if the rolls have 90%ers by weighing them. I weigh all the rolls that I get from boxes to see if it's a good box or not first. You can easily tell if it has a 90%er inside by weighing them. Plus the silver paint color just isn't right. It's tint is different than that of a silver coin.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
i have a ultra high acidic body -- its odd but silver coins feel "greasy" to the touch -- i can not wear sterling silver items -- only gold 14 k or above only --due to my high acidic sweat -- it will turn even sterling silver pitch black in 24 hours or less. -- its quite odd but it can be useful --i can "quick" sort foreign junk coins boxes at coin shops for silver by feel with a 90% rate of success.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread