Helping My Mom Helps Me!!!

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Well, my mother was recently divorced and is not only down on her luck but also on her finances. She only works 3 days a week now and needed a way to make some extra money. She knows about my CRH and was really interested so I schooled her on the hobby, and all the 'CRH Commandments' as well.

She lives a big city a few hours away from me and I told her I would buy all of her finds from her. $10 for a 1964 and earlier half and $4.00 for a 40%er. She was super-excited and got her start this morning - the first bank she stopped in to had $70 in rolls that had just come in when they opened the doors this morning - turns out she found [3] '64s and [8] 40%ers!!! $62 is coming her way soon from me! I love that she can make some extra cash on her downtime and I can get silver at or slightly below melt!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Upvote 0

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd just starting CRHing, but as my finds start coming in more regularly I'd be happy to sell you my finds for that price.

To be 100% honest I started for the same reason she did. To hopefully make a few bucks and get some coins into hands of people that will either enjoy them or add to their pile to sell/melt.

I work as a courier for one of the larger bank chains (after hours for a contract company).

I usually get to the banks before my time so I find banks in the area and see if they have half rolls.

I also have one bank in a small town that is ordering me a box every 2 weeks and I take half a week. Once I get more funds I plan on getting 1 a week.

Drop me a message if you are interested and we can discuss it.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Nice job, SS. It is all about building a network. I have my whole family (those that will listen) in on the game. My father, aunt and niece hit the NEPA area. My uncle and 2 cousins cover eastern long island. And my sister and her grown children (niece and nephew) cover west Houston. They send me the silver and I send the cash. The one niece in PA only hunts cents, but she gets plenty of wheaties that I pay her for. I wish I had more family spread out to hit even more areas.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
Nice job, SS. It is all about building a network. I have my whole family (those that will listen) in on the game. My father, aunt and niece hit the NEPA area. My uncle and 2 cousins cover eastern long island. And my sister and her grown children (niece and nephew) cover west Houston. They send me the silver and I send the cash. The one niece in PA only hunts cents, but she gets plenty of wheaties that I pay her for. I wish I had more family spread out to hit even more areas.

Guess your maybe family got some of my dumps in Houston that I left as a Thanksgiving present for CRHers there. Figured it was a good opportunity to haul some clad out of my district. My parents are in Houston but rarely search for me. On the occasion they have, they scored a little AG.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
AGCoinHunter said:
Diver_Down said:

Guess your maybe family got some of my dumps in Houston that I left as a Thanksgiving present for CRHers there. Figured it was a good opportunity to haul some clad out of my district. My parents are in Houston but rarely search for me. On the occasion they have, they scored a little AG.

Perhaps, they did. My nieces are my best producers. They have no interest in the value of silver. They do love getting cash to shop for clothes with. To them it is like free money. Likewise for me. Win-Win situation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread